• The KillerFrogs

Chandler Morris transfers to TCU

you THINK IM MAD and you make a reply like this?

you’re truly a dolt if you think plain completion percentage is the statistic people are relying on to grade quarterbacks.

pay $7.99 to PFF to prove me wrong for full season stats! You must be a relative of Max because I can’t believe anyone is as bone headed as you.

Max wasn’t a top 50 QB last year and he’s certainly not this year either. He also has a very high # of check down throws (top 10 IIRC) inflating his completion percentage...you can google that one to find the source
Dude. All I said was that Max showed improvement from last year. I compared: completion %, TD/INT ratio, QBR. In each of these stats, he showed improvement over 2019.

You said "much lower sample size with way less throws downfield this year. Most longer throws were to guys who were wide open."

I said "prove it" and you posted some meaningless info about 5 of this years games. It didn't even address your own point.

I did not say plain completion percentage is the statistic people are relying on to grade quarterbacks.
I did not say that Max was a top 50 QB last year or this year.
I did not say that Max was our savior.

I just said that Max showed improvement. You couldn't prove me wrong.

So who is truly the dolt?

PO Frog

Duggan has accuracy issues. Bringing in Morris is a good move. A lot will depend on which OC we bring in. I would describe Duggan as a faster / less accurate Boykin. Haven't seen enough of Morris to judge but there is plenty of opportunity for an accurate passer to compete to start.

Why do I get the feeling that we are setting ourselves up for a two QB system (one that runs and one that passes). I don't want another Pachall / Boykin scenario.
Jesus Christ we aren’t bringing in a new OC. How can any reasonably informed fan still not know this?

CountryFrog

much better than max

https://www.pff.com/news/college-fo...s-quarterback-situations-ahead-of-cfb-week-12

But in his past five games, Duggan has looked like the same inaccurate signal-caller from a season ago. He has posted the same exact passing grade from that year in his five most recent games (57.0) and also has the ninth-worst adjusted completion percentage on throws over 10 yards (38%).
Odd how you critiqued Frognosticator's point for being a small sample size then proceed to give an even smaller sample size to make your point.

ticketfrog123

Odd how you critiqued Frognosticator's point for being a small sample size then proceed to give an even smaller sample size to make your point.

max was rated in the bottom ~30 (it’s probably lower for the full season) of adjusted completion percentage for 2 straight years. He was dead last the year prior.

I guess if you’re saying he improved from dead last then yes that’s an accomplishment

CountryFrog

max was rated in the bottom ~30 (it’s probably lower for the full season) of adjusted completion percentage for 2 straight years. He was dead last the year prior.

I guess if you’re saying he improved from dead last then yes that’s an accomplishment
You're just spitting [ Finebaum ] out of your ass and you know it. Your 1st paragraph doesn't even make any scheissing sense of what you're attempting to say.

Frognosticator made an incredibly simple point by comparing Max's production in 2019 to 2020 to show that he'd made improvement. You said that it was "much smaller sample size" and then a couple posts later you referenced an even smaller sample size. Yet you're still acting like you've made some great irrefutable point.

Last edited:

McFroggin

Duggan has accuracy issues. Bringing in Morris is a good move. A lot will depend on which OC we bring in. I would describe Duggan as a faster / less accurate Boykin. Haven't seen enough of Morris to judge but there is plenty of opportunity for an accurate passer to compete to start.

Why do I get the feeling that we are setting ourselves up for a two QB system (one that runs and one that passes). I don't want another Pachall / Boykin scenario.

Max is very accurate when he can rocket the ball in short yardage situations. When you need touch on the ball to float it over defenders or land the deep ball in outstretched arms, he is terrible.

ticketfrog123

You're just spitting [ #2020 ] out of your ass and you know it. Your 1st paragraph doesn't even make any scheissing sense of what you're attempting to say.

Frognosticator made an incredibly simple point by comparing Max's production in 2019 to 2020 to show that he'd made improvement. You said that it was "much smaller sample size" and then a couple posts later you referenced an even smaller sample size. Yet you're still acting like you've made some great irrefutable point.

Such a simple point that only simpletons would use. Nobody uses unadjusted QBR or comp % to claim somebody got better. Might as well use passing yards and TDs too if you’re that dumb

also, when your QB is rated very poorly and literally the worst at throwing the ball more than 10 yard, sure you might improve to 2nd to last - but who cares if that QB is still absolute garbage.

Congrats on making a case that max improved from dumpster fire to flaming pile?

Eight

Small sample - 60% completion rate but he was not going to beat out Rattler or Mordecai who was at 80% completion rate and also a 4*. We've got some talent at Qb coming in so let's see what we can do with them. Honig probably goes to TE and Battle to slot or secondary. I look for Max, Chandler, and Jackson to be serviceable for us, even this year, if they let Chandler play.

so a quarterback who hasn't played a game in a full year will be serviceable?

CountryFrog

Such a simple point that only simpletons would use. Nobody uses unadjusted QBR or comp % to claim somebody got better. Might as well use passing yards and TDs too if you’re that dumb

also, when your QB is rated very poorly and literally the worst at throwing the ball more than 10 yard, sure you might improve to 2nd to last - but who cares if that QB is still absolute garbage.

Congrats on making a case that max improved from dumpster fire to flaming pile?
You're really bad at this. You should stick to evaluating Arizona QB's where your analysis is impeccable.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
How do we know? We don't know anything about Morris as far as a college QB. And the mark of a good QB is more than passing accuracy. Leadership, check downs, management, knowing what to do and what not to do, and when to do it or not. Style of offense, mobility, decision-making, ball protection. As far as Duggan's last six games, the most important stat is victories -- we had five of them including a Top 15 win in which the Frogs had 500 equally balanced yards of offense. If you want to truly rate a QB, get away from solely looking at passing stats. Just my $0.02.

4th. down

so a quarterback who hasn't played a game in a full year will be serviceable?

I think so 8 in this particular situation and here's why.........coach's son, all world at HP, Riley thought so also and didn't want him to leave and Meach/Kill believes he fits the new system we are running as does Battle, and Jackson. Let him go thru Spring Ball, 7 on 7 during the summer, and then fall camp, yes believe he will be serviceable......he wasn't asleep at OU, just had Rattler in front of him. Our QB prospects will be looking up IF we can get a QB coach.

Eight

I think so 8 in this particular situation and here's why.........coach's son, all world at HP, Riley thought so also and didn't want him to leave and Meach/Kill believes he fits the new system we are running as does Battle, and Jackson. Let him go thru Spring Ball, 7 on 7 during the summer, and then fall camp, yes believe he will be serviceable......he wasn't asleep at OU, just had Rattler in front of him. Our QB prospects will be looking up IF we can get a QB coach.

understand on morris and i think he is worth the shot as the law of numbers say they have to have some success more that a game or two on one of these transfer quarterbacks.

my comment was in reference to jackson who didn't play in the fall as no chicago schools played in the fall.

my nephew told me the other day they are hoping to have a limited season beginning in the next few weeks but he wasn't confident that was going to take place

that is a very big jump for a kid who last played as a high school junior.

Wexahu

understand on morris and i think he is worth the shot as the law of numbers say they have to have some success more that a game or two on one of these transfer quarterbacks.

my comment was in reference to jackson who didn't play in the fall as no chicago schools played in the fall.

my nephew told me the other day they are hoping to have a limited season beginning in the next few weeks but he wasn't confident that was going to take place

that is a very big jump for a kid who last played as a high school junior.

Barring major injury issues, I don't expect Jackson to be in the picture at all until probably 2023.

Moose Stuff

Oh gee, the board know-it-all is spouting BS, and I called him out on it, so now he's throwing a tantrum.

I posted the FULL SEASON stats for both years. You posted some very limited information about half of one of the seasons. So who doesn't have any information?

I'm sorry if the facts don't agree with your generally negative narrative. One would think you might be relieved that last season wasn't as bad as you thought. But I guess being the board know-it-all is more important to you.

Stick it up YOUR ass.

If anyone is the board know it all it's me. Let's scheissing go.

ticketfrog123

You're really bad at this. You should stick to evaluating Arizona QB's where your analysis is impeccable.

Duggan won’t finish his career at TCU as a starter. You seem really invested in a below average QB, for whatever reason.

Grant can throw the ball, that’s all I said. Wish max could too but here we are