• The KillerFrogs

Texas QB Sam Ehlinger to declare for NFL draft after Longhorns hire Steve Sarkisian

ftwfrog

Ironically, I declared for the NFL draft about 15 years ago as a wide receiver. Unfortunately I was 6’1, fat, couldn’t catch, and was the slowest piece of [ Finebaum ] they’d ever seen.

Sounds about the same scenario.

Point being, anyone can “declare” for the draft. Doesn’t mean someone will pick you.

ticketfrog123

Ironically, I declared for the NFL draft about 15 years ago as a wide receiver. Unfortunately I was 6’1, fat, couldn’t catch, and was the slowest piece of [ #2020 ] they’d ever seen.

Point being, anyone can “declare” for the draft. Doesn’t mean someone will pick you.

felipe Franks also declared for the NFL draft.

big dude but about as accurate as ray charles according to Florida fans

Wexahu

Big, fast, high character guy with a meh arm. Ehlinger is going to get a mid-round payday and probably be on NFL sidelines for years wearing a baseball cap- the best job out there.

Yep, there's somewhere between 80-90 QBs in this world collecting really nice checks in the NFL. I'd be surprised if he isn't one of them, and for a decent amount of time.

I don't think he has a chance in hell of being a long-term starter for anyone.

froginaustin

It would have been reported with a screaming headline in the local homer newspaper if Ehlinger had NOT gone pro this year, with or without Herman on the sidelines next year.

OICU812

Major rock and hard place for Sam. He must've known going into the year he wasn't the best qb on the roster but his "orange blood" kept him the starter. Now the new HC has no obligation to him whatsoever so no reason to think he starts next year. OTOH pretty dicey prospects for NFL depending on severity of this latest injury, given his significant number of past problems with the same shoulder.

OICU812

I actually think Sam could have dominated in the Big 12, but they didn't use him correctly.
Also, the biggest mystery is why the fumble RB was in on the goal line vs TCU.

IDK if it was more the offensive scheme (it probably was) or his own decision making, but I seem to recall him getting hammered incessantly his freshman year and wondering how in the heck he'd even survive 1 year at qb much less 4. I'm almost sure I recall him being concussed multiple times in addition to the shoulder hits. He probably could have been close to Tebow, if they'd had enough protection and other weapons around him.

Mean Purple

Ironically, I declared for the NFL draft about 15 years ago as a wide receiver. Unfortunately I was 6’1, fat, couldn’t catch, and was the slowest piece of [ #2020 ] they’d ever seen.

I declared for King of Austria yesterday, but only on a part time basis. You know, to cover the ski season.

Eight

IDK if it was more the offensive scheme (it probably was) or his own decision making, but I seem to recall him getting hammered incessantly his freshman year and wondering how in the heck he'd even survive 1 year at qb much less 4. I'm almost sure I recall him being concussed multiple times in addition to the shoulder hits. He probably could have been close to Tebow, if they'd had enough protection and other weapons around him.

if you look back at his time in high school he got the [ Finebaum ] beat out of him at westlake culminating in the title game loss to north shore where he took a beating.

continued over his time in austin as you noted and it will be interesting to see how long a career he actually has the in the pros