• The KillerFrogs

Chandler Morris transfers to TCU

Moose Stuff

We have an opening for an OC. Chad Morris was a highly respected OC at Clemson. I know he failed are Arkansas, but Arkansas is starting to become a place where your coaching career goes to die. I won't judge Morris on his time at Arky. Some coaches are also better coordinators than head coaches. I think he would be a great addition to the staff as a coach and recruiter.

We do not have an opening for an OC.

Tumbleweed

It is a little odd that the job title of our OC is officially "Inside Receivers/Tight Ends Coach".

Doug Meacham - Football Coach - TCU Athletics (gofrogs.com)

Every now and then it happens, actually quite often. It has to do with salary. Most programs allocate X dollars (budget) for staff.If you have co-position coaches for example, money could be a little short., so you move titles/money around to bring the salary of the co-off up where it should be. It all has to do with working w/n the budget given to you as a head coach and AD. This sort of thing also happens in HS's. Also business operates similarly.

Meach is still receiver coach but in addition he also draws a portion from the offensive side. If your confused I take cause of it.

We have an opening for an OC. Chad Morris was a highly respected OC at Clemson. I know he failed are Arkansas, but Arkansas is starting to become a place where your coaching career goes to die. I won't judge Morris on his time at Arky. Some coaches are also better coordinators than head coaches. I think he would be a great addition to the staff as a coach and recruiter.
There is definitely a group of people who believe that he's a good coach, I'm just not sure what the evidence for that is. He was at Clemson when Deshaun Watson got their offense going but they never won anything really until he left. He was at Auburn this past season and their offense was bad, the QB regressed and his head coach got fired. I do give him credit as a recruiter and bringing SMU out of the basement they were in when June Jones basically retired about 3 years before he was actually removed from his job but I really can't find any support for the notion that he is some kind of offensive guru.

4th. down

JA did a good job in 2020. Prove me wrong.

The facts..........I've tried to remember when we've had 3 backs with this high of yds./carry. Personally, I'm going to shut my mouth on Anderson until he proves to me otherwise......with facts, and this is not a fact that I know of, but believe Kill has had a positive influence on Anderson's offensive line coaching.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
JA did a good job in 2020. Prove me wrong.
135734511_4264301596917865_1281456871542757992_o.jpg

Ron Swanson

I think this is the lead everyone may be missing. Love Max but his accuracy is poor and has not progressed in the passing game. Being fast and tough is great but in today’s game, if you can’t consistently win in the passing game, this team will continue to flounder.
Just to clarify, I think Max will be our starter the next 2 years, barring injury. I also think Max will take a big step forward in his passing ability as an upperclassman.

Still excited about Morris though

McFroggin

For those who’ve seen Morris, does he pass Downing as the backup? Or could Stephon Brown suddenly get it? Or one of the newcomers?

Coaches know Downing isn’t the answer. He shouldn’t ever be more than a last ditch back-up. I can see Brown transferring or needing 2 years to develop. Brown is no where near ready.

We have a huge drop off after Max, and it isn’t like Max was good this year either.

It was very expected to try for 4 QB’s this year. Essentially needed to clean house.