• The KillerFrogs

CDC Lies and Fumbles

OICU812

Was kind of expecting an "oh, you naïve child" type response. I understand that college football is a dirty business. I also think that some people in the sport are worse than others (e.g., I don't think every coach is "just like" Bobby Petrino or Art Briles), and it's ok to point out bad behavior.

I agree some worse than others(and it's *somewhat* easier to tell that with coaches than ADs) but I guess my point was this is who Del is, and this move is totally in keeping with who he's shown himself to be over the arc of time. Big-time college sports is a toxic business, and he's part of the poison, not the antidote.

HG73

I agree some worse than others(and it's *somewhat* easier to tell that with coaches than ADs) but I guess my point was this is who Del is, and this move is totally in keeping with who he's shown himself to be over the arc of time. Big-time college sports is a toxic business, and he's part of the poison, not the antidote.
Not necessarily who Del is. He's just an employee. Who's doing what his superiors are ordering him to do.

Farmfrog

By logging on, and clicking through the post and typing your reply to it, you don't think you are revealing that you at least give a little bit of a scheiss about the subject? Or failing that then do you at least give a hanjo about it? :)
Actually I’m making fun of guys like you who care.

Wish we had as much for the basketball team.

OICU812

Not necessarily who Del is. He's just an employee. Who's doing what his superiors are ordering him to do.

That's a huge cop out. Even if you think it's true(I don't), then how much do you respect a guy who says, "Hey I know what I'm doing is unethical and sleazy but my employer wants me to?" For me not much.

Since I'm 16 I've had more jobs than I can count. If you have some talent and work hard there are always employers who will hire you. . . If your employer is ordering you to do something that goes against your morals/ethics/character you go find another one.

Ironically in the end if Sark is who his record says he is, Del will be out of a job anyway. So if you believe it's, "Not who he is, not in his character,"(how many times have you rolled your eyes at that in an athlete's fake apology) then he is selling his soul to try to hang onto a job that makes him do sleazy things that are against his nature. Maybe you can see that as a win, I can't.

Diehard

I don’t mind an SOB when he is my SOB. To the extent CDC is an SOB - and he was always cool to me - I’m thankful he was at TCU when he was. He did well for us and left for what is by any measure a far, far bigger job. Is it a better job? Obviously that question is more subjective but anyone who aspires to be in the top tier of ADs would have jumped. As to the ethics of how he handled the Herman deal...meh. That’s how big time sports go

As when Tubbs was hired. One of my buddies said he was just a jerk. The other guy with us said, "yep, but he's our jerk now". So true.