• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

Eight

And that is why I’d wait to give the new HC the chance to bring his complete vision to the program. Also why I wouldn’t give CGP three more years but that ship sailed a while ago.

so you are okay with an oc who gary pulled off the scrap heap instead of going to find the best possible person to finish at gary's time?

Salfrog

Tier 1
The most likely scenario is getting Kenny Hill.

Just threw up a little bit in my mouth knowing this is 99% what will happen. This is why most here are frustrated with GP and the direction of this football program. We have become boring, predictable, stale, refusal to get a new OC with a new vision that can make in game adjustments , and everyone has our signs.

Eight

Just threw up a little bit in my mouth knowing this is 99% what will happen. This is why most here are frustrated with GP and the direction of this football program. We have become boring, predictable, stale, refusal to get a new OC with a new vision that can make in game adjustments , and everyone has our signs.

tenor.gif

Moose Stuff

I get it.... but arguably our 4 best assistants are the exact same type of hires.... Gonzo, Fitch, Modkins, and Kelly. The players will like him, he'll recruit very well, and he'll be surrounded by some very veteran assistants to lean on while he's growing into the job. It wouldn't excite me or anything, but I'd have no real problem with it should he be the guy.

Eight

I get it.... but arguably our 4 best assistants are the exact same type of hires.... Gonzo, Fitch, Modkins, and Kelly. The players will like him, he'll recruit very well, and he'll be surrounded by some very veteran assistants to lean on while he's growing into the job. It wouldn't excite me or anything, but I'd have no real problem with it should he be the guy.

nice that the players will like him, nice gary might give a young guy a chance, and sure kenny has some things he can bring to the table, but from what i can find he hasn't coached a single down at the junior high, high school. college, or pro level and you are now going to ask him not only help max address his throwing issues, but develop a capable back up

more importantly, this is not the big 12 of 6 years ago as the level of defensive coach has significantly improved at ou, isu, ksu, wvu, and i think arranda has started making progress at baylor. the offense was better last year, but not good and at a time when new ideas, new thoughts, new viewpoints could be brought in and possibly elevate the level of play on the offensive side of the ball gary would seem to be headed for another comfort hire which is very discouraging at salfrog said and would seem to indicate a lack of urgency for someone who is nearing the end of a career

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

nice that the players will like him, nice gary might give a young guy a chance, and sure kenny has some things he can bring to the table, but from what i can find he hasn't coached a single down at the junior high, high school. college, or pro level and you are now going to ask him not only help max address his throwing issues, but develop a capable back up

more importantly, this is the big 12 of 6 years ago as the level of defensive coach has significantly improved at ou, isu, ksu, wvu, and i think arranda has started making progress at baylor. the offense was better last year, but not good and at a time when new ideas, new thoughts, new viewpoints could be brought in and possibly elevate the level of play on the offensive side of the ball gary would seem to be headed for another comfort hire which is very discouraging at salfrog said and would seem to indicate a lack of urgency for someone who is nearing the end of a career

He clearly coached on our sideline all year. Either way I'm not real worried about it. I don't fault anyone who is.

Salfrog

Tier 1

I know what you mean. I just feel that the QB position coach should be someone that already has experience developing QB's, not someone that will be getting on the job training. Cumbie was a great recruiter also, and look where that got us offensively. Max & the rest of our QB's deserve much better coaching & development than what they have received in recent years.

Moose Stuff

I know what you mean. I just feel that the QB position coach should be someone that already has experience developing QB's, not someone that will be getting on the job training. Max & the rest of our QB's deserve much better coaching & development than what they have received in recent years.

I guess the main reason I'm not bothered by it is I never expected for one second that we'd do anything exciting. In terms of what I was expecting, Kenny Hill is better than what it could have been. Whoever we hired needed RJ be a an asset in recruiting and I think he will be.