• The KillerFrogs

CDC Lies and Fumbles

Zubaz

As I recall, CDC never said that Herman would be back. He said something like "I want to reiterate that Herman is our head coach", and even at the time people noted he didn't explicitly say he'd be back for 2021. Could be wrong.

HFrog1999

ap_20260572519701_wide-f2d1c591545ba536aa1658d4e5a920ad82b62979-s1200.jpg

Tumbleweed

Del Conte said Tom Herman would be back next year. Then he recommends and fires Herman. Allegedly has filled the position already with USC’s failed coach. CDC may be back on the market soon with this trash .

Those damn alumni. Often they can change the weather overnight..

BBG817

Potential staff looks solid

CDC actions and words consistent with what most other FBS AD would do these days. Convenient the Rose Bowl was down I35 to lock Sark up the last few days.

jack the frog

CDC said that “He wanted to reiterate that Herman is our coach” on Dec 12, and supposedly told the Statesman that Herman would be back in 2021 which was technically true. It was a carefully crafted statement as UT wanted Herman coaching through the signing period and also knew that a couple of their top targets might be coaching playoff games into 2021. ESPN ran with the “Herman to coach Longhorns in 2021 season” which was not exactly what he said. You can believe that or simply believe that CDC tried to keep him another year but was overrode by big money and cast aside.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Del Conte said Tom Herman would be back next year. Then he recommends and fires Herman. Allegedly has filled the position already with USC’s failed coach. CDC may be back on the market soon with this trash .
He was correct. Herman was still with the program as of 1/1/21. I find it amusing that this news hit on the same day that A$M is playing their most prominent post season game ever.

HG73

CDC said that “He wanted to reiterate that Herman is our coach” on Dec 12, and supposedly told the Statesman that Herman would be back in 2021 which was technically true. It was a carefully crafted statement as UT wanted Herman coaching through the signing period and also knew that a couple of their top targets might be coaching playoff games into 2021. ESPN ran with the “Herman to coach Longhorns in 2021 season” which was not exactly what he said. You can believe that or simply believe that CDC tried to keep him another year but was overrode by big money and cast aside.
The plot is thickened.

illini_frog

I forgot they announced he would be back.

It's absolute trash to announce that and then go back on what you said, messes with recruits most importantly. And now absolutely nobody is gonna trust CDC on anything he says anymore.