• The KillerFrogs

Colleges That Spend the Most on Recruiting Football Players

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Pretty interesting stuff, although it appears limited to state schools, I don't recall seeing any private schools in the rankings. Generally tracks with on-field results, with notable exceptions UT and Kansas vastly overspending based on their results, and tOSU surprisingly comes in at about 20th.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/colleges-spend-most-recruiting-football-130000771.html
To your comment about tOSU, winning sells itself. Invest in Leadership. TCU has a lot to learn in this area.

Who Moved My Cheese? Patterson obviously has not read it.

OICU812

To your comment about tOSU, winning sells itself. Invest in Leadership. TCU has a lot to learn in this area.

Great book I agree Gary could do with some of those principles. And I agree success begets more success, and it's feeling these days like we missed our window to capitalize on our momentum from 10 years ago. Now it feels more like we need to reinvent ourselves yet again.

CountryFrog

Certain logos very much sell themselves and Ohio St is one of those. I don't think winning actually plays nearly as much of a role in recruiting success as a lot of people think. It's obviously a factor but not much of one as evidenced by countless programs who haven't won anything meaningful in decades and still do great in recruiting.

HG73

Great book I agree Gary could do with some of those principles. And I agree success begets more success, and it's feeling these days like we missed our window to capitalize on our momentum from 10 years ago. Now it feels more like we need to reinvent ourselves yet again.
Uh, we got into the Big12, didn't we? $40m beats the hell out of >$1m, doesn't it? Playing our longtime local rivals...

Tumbleweed

Ebb and Flow..Ebb and Flow...you'll hear a lot of that from Justin Cntr.

BleedNPurple

The worst to me was Kansas. Think they were around 20th in spending, and I doubt they are even a top 100 team on the field. Maybe they spend disproportionately on paying basketball players.
I agree - saw that! Amazing how many pathetic programs spent a fortune.