• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Prairie View thread....

Dogfrog

I’m going to die on this hill but when you struggle against teams you are vastly superior to that falls on the coaches. We haven’t played one game at home worth a damn. Our best game was probably OU and we lost that game.

I’m not going to apologize for having high standards. I understand that I’m in the minority of caring how our basketball team plays but I will never lower my expectations.

I share your hopes but not your expectations. Expectations are for football. Basketball expectations are one game at a time, unless you recruit all McDonalds all Americans every year like a handful of programs. One of the great things about basketball is that unexpected schools can rise up and get deep into the tournament. On paper we are much better than PVAM. But last night they wanted it more. If that’s on our coaches, so be it, but that’s just basketball.

Rose Bowl

I share your hopes but not your expectations. Expectations are for football. Basketball expectations are one game at a time, unless you recruit all McDonalds all Americans every year like a handful of programs. One of the great things about basketball is that unexpected schools can rise up and get deep into the tournament. On paper we are much better than PVAM. But last night they wanted it more. If that’s on our coaches, so be it, but that’s just basketball.
For me this is why our basketball team will always struggle to be a winning one. Nobody has any expectations for the program. You said it you only expect the football team to be good but I expect the hoops team to be competing for titles. If a poor team plays us close that just shows that our coach isn’t preparing the team to play.

Dogfrog

I have had hopes for our basketball program for over 50 years. If those hopes were expectations I’d be in Wichita Falls.

Pharm Frog

For me this is why our basketball team will always struggle to be a winning one. Nobody has any expectations for the program. You said it you only expect the football team to be good but I expect the hoops team to be competing for titles. If a poor team plays us close that just shows that our coach isn’t preparing the team to play.

I have high expectations for the baseball team, the rifle team, the men’s tennis team and I suppose if I cared about it...the soccer team. I have modest expectations for the football program and low expectations for the basketball team. I used to have some degree of expectations for the volleyball team but no longer.

Rose Bowl

As I said I’m different than probably ever person on this board. We have everything we need to win big except maybe a coach. If we didn’t have the facilities I wouldn’t be as frustrated but we do. Now go win.

Rose Bowl

I have high expectations for the baseball team, the rifle team, the men’s tennis team and I suppose if I cared about it...the soccer team. I have modest expectations for the football program and low expectations for the basketball team. I used to have some degree of expectations for the volleyball team but no longer.
Our football, baseball and basketball teams have everything they need to win so now it’s up to the coaches to win. Bottom line for me is if we aren’t winning then our coaches must not be doing very well.

Where I differ from most people on the basketball team is I believe we have the talent to compete now and the coaching isn’t very good. Most everyone else believes just the opposite.

Eight

tenor.gif

SuperTFrog

As I said I’m different than probably ever person on this board. We have everything we need to win big except maybe a coach. If we didn’t have the facilities I wouldn’t be as frustrated but we do. Now go win.
Go back and look at how bad our team was before Dixon got here. We would get blown out of game after game. I remember almost every game saying “If we can just cut the deficit to 10 going to half we’ll have a chance”. Dixon has made our team competitive.

We all have expectations, I just think yours are unrealistic. We are in the best basketball conference in the country. To compete for championships in this league we have to be a top 10 team. I think that is an unrealistic expectation for TCU. IMO you could hope for that, but I don’t think you should expect that.

Rose Bowl

Go back and look at how bad our team was before Dixon got here. We would get blown out of game after game. I remember almost every game saying “If we can just cut the deficit to 10 going to half we’ll have a chance”. Dixon has made our team competitive.

We all have expectations, I just think yours are unrealistic. We are in the best basketball conference in the country. To compete for championships in this league we have to be a top 10 team. I think that is an unrealistic expectation for TCU. IMO you could hope for that, but I don’t think you should expect that.
I know everyone thinks my expectations are high but I’m not going to apologize for having them. You or nobody else can change my mind. How long does it take to win in this conference? This roster is just how Jamie wants it so it’s time for him to win.

Like I said I know I’m the only one who has big expectations for this program. I’m not mad because your expectations aren’t the same as mine.

FrogPreacher

You are 100% correct. I went back and deleted that comment and I am ashamed I wrote it. I would hope I would be better than that. Sorry.
I meant to reply before now. I truly appreciate you stepping up and making an apology for your statement. Happy New Year!

SuperTFrog

Time to eat some crow. This has not aged well. We’ve lost our last three games by an average of 27 points. I still like Dixon but we are not competitive right now.