• The KillerFrogs

ESPN: Kellen Moore, Andy Dalton closing out Cowboys' season with résumé builders

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
ESPN: Kellen Moore, Andy Dalton closing out Cowboys' season with résumé builders

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- Kellen Moore and Andy Dalton first shared a football field in 2008. For the past seven months, they have shared a sideline with the Dallas Cowboys. And since October, they have shared a responsibility as offensive coordinator and quarterback.

Now, in some ways, they have a shared future.

Moore is a candidate to be the head coach at Boise State, his alma mater, and might have other opportunities, since his contract with Dallas expires after this season. Dalton, who went to TCU, has a chance to earn $1 million from the Cowboys if a win on Sunday at the New York Giants (1 p.m. ET, Fox) leads to a playoff spot -- and could make more money as a starter for another NFL team in 2021.

Read more at https://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-co...osing-out-cowboys-season-with-resume-builders

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Dear G-hod. The [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ]! Just when things were coming together, the engine running smoothly; there was light at the end of the tunnel! And, now this...

A puff-piece from ESPN.

They're doomed.

sapoman

As I said of Tony Romo, now I'm saying of Dak. He will never lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl. He 's no Andy Dalton. If Dalton would have came to the Cowboy's right out of TCU Things would be totally different here. That's totally my opinion but i'm sticking to it.

Planks

As I said of Tony Romo, now I'm saying of Dak. He will never lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl. He 's no Andy Dalton. If Dalton would have came to the Cowboy's right out of TCU Things would be totally different here. That's totally my opinion but i'm sticking to it.

I love Andy Dalton, but there is no way he and his 0-4 playoff record would have ever lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl.

HG73

Romo's problem, like Andy's is the nonexistent defense. Romo had to win every game in the 4th quarter. Andy's defense is showing signs of life. Maybe it's just the quality of recent opponents. If not, if the defense is truly improving then they can make some noise if they get into the playoffs.

CountryFrog

If you're really trying to win a super bowl then signing Dalton to a smaller contract so that you can keep players and have some flexibility in free agency is the way to go.

If you just want to be relevant for the next decade but accomplish no real winning then over paying Dak along with the other bad contacts they already have is the way to go.

And no I'm not saying they will win a super bowl at any point with Dalton because I don't believe they would. But when considering the cap implications it's the better short term option imo.

MAcFroggy

As a cowboys fan (and season ticket holder) I am 100% convinced no player, qb, head coach, coordinator, or anybody else can help win a super bowl until Jerry Jones is either dead or steps away from the Dallas cowboys. The culture he creates makes it impossible for a coach to be successful.

CountryFrog

As a cowboys fan (and season ticket holder) I am 100% convinced no player, qb, head coach, coordinator, or anybody else can help win a super bowl until Jerry Jones is either dead or steps away from the Dallas cowboys. The culture he creates makes it impossible for a coach to be successful.
I'm not a Cowboys fan at all but at this point there's really no other conclusion that can be drawn. That team is just the Jones family toy. They know business and they handle the business side of it incredibly well but the football side of things is sorely lacking in good decision making and leadership.

Horny4TCU

I'm no Cowboys fan...

I am a Dalton fan.

So, I hope they make it to the playoffs and beyond.

Fire Dak! Fire Zeke! Make Dalton the starter and hire some talent around him and get a defense.

tcudoc

The reason I no longer support the Cowboys is Jerry Jones.
I’ll root for Dalton and hope they win for his benefit, but Jerry Jones ruined the organization.
I don’t see a way out of it for the Cowboys. He will never sell and his kids will just continue the same path.
The only real hope is that Jones moves them to another city and we start over with another team. Even that would be devastating. Either way, Jerry Jones has ruined the Dallas Cowboys. I can’t believe he was elected to the NFL HOF. That move validated his actions and emboldened him to continue unchanged.