• The KillerFrogs

2021 Recruiting Thread

CountryFrog

please no chad morris.

auburn's offense took a step back this year and nix regressed.

please no offense built around tempo, screens, and zone read.
So you think the current group is better than Morris? And I'm not even saying put him in charge of the offense. Just saying that his voice in the coaching room and in recruiting brings value.

CountryFrog

never said the current staff is better, merely that i don't want to see another variation of the same offense trotted in as a change
Fair enough. But I think that another variation of the same offense is what we're getting regardless so might as well hope for the best coaches possible. Swapping out Cumbie for Morris would be a massive upgrade even if only for a season or two.

Eight

Fair enough. But I think that another variation of the same offense is what we're getting regardless so might as well hope for the best coaches possible. Swapping out Cumbie for Morris would be a massive upgrade even if only for a season or two.

don't believe he is a massive upgrade if sonny truly was not involved in the play calling this past year so if morris comes in does he take that from meacham? morris has never run an offense close to what kill has run so how does that marriage work for the frogs?

we can question sonny's role in the quarterback development, but which quarterback did morris develop at arkansas in his time there and how about nix at auburn.

what i would hope for is an offensive system that uses the talent in the program and shift the focus of the run game off max and on the backs who could be a strength if we actually realized it is legal to use more than one back at a time and stop focusing on midgets getting more touches than your backs