• The KillerFrogs

Is Ridwan Issahaku on crack?

flyfishingfrog

He fell apart AFTER he left tcu, Stupid?

Do you know who was drunkenly sitting next to Casey Paschall when he drunkenly drove his car into a police cruiser?

was Boykin still at tcu when he drunkenly assaulted San Antonio police officers just prior to a bowl game?

he was well on his way to his demise while at tcu. Gary’s hands-off approach to players doing bad things did not help the situation. 40 not 4, indeed...

never would have happened under Coach Wacker.
Boykin would have never made it at most schools - the fact that he was able to succeed at TCU was 100% due to the fact that GP and the program babysat his butt and kept him in line for the most part

what happen afterward in Seattle and in the off-season is exactly what would have happened at TCU if the program didn’t focus on making sure he wasn’t out of control

and for the record - I have met you in person and you don’t come off as nearly as much of an [ Arschloch] as you are on this board - so what’s up with being one so often when it’s somewhat anonymous?

Last edited:

TCURiggs

Boykin would have never made it at most schools - the fact that he was able to succeed at TCU was 100% do to the fact that GP and the program babysat his butt and kept him in line for the most part

what happen afterward in Seattle and in the off-season is exactly what would have happened at TCU if the program didn’t focus on making sure he wasn’t out of control

and for the record - I have met you in person and you don’t come off as nearly as much of an [ Arschloch] as you are on this board - so what’s up with being one so often when it’s somewhat anonymous?

I think it's because he's fat

froginmn

Do you know who was drunkenly sitting next to Casey Paschall when he drunkenly drove his car into a police cruiser?

was Boykin still at tcu when he drunkenly assaulted San Antonio police officers just prior to a bowl game?

he was well on his way to his demise while at tcu. Gary’s hands-off approach to players doing bad things did not help the situation. 40 not 4, indeed...

Nor would the run of success...

Horny4TCU

Can't make it in the real world and blames everyone, but himself...

Granted, there is a gap for many student athletes after they graduate (or don't and timeout). We need better placement and career help for kids that aren't going pro and playing after school. Not on GP though, if the athletics department or career services department would take up this task, it would help a lot of kids and families.

CountryFrog

Can't make it in the real world and blames everyone, but himself...

Granted, there is a gap for many student athletes after they graduate (or don't and timeout). We need better placement and career help for kids that aren't going pro and playing after school. Not on GP though, if the athletics department or career services department would take up this task, it would help a lot of kids and families.
I could be wrong but I believe there are plenty of resources in place for former students to take advantage of. They just have to put forth a minimal level of effort to take advantage of those resources.

A lot of this stuff is like blaming the school for kids who never go to class and don't graduate. If they aren't even going to put forth any effort whatsoever with all of the resources available to them then there isn't anything you can do. At a certain point they have to start taking control of their own lives.

Opintel

Moderators
Big Frog II is right there; the it's not my fault bunch is doomed to mediocre results, or worse.

There is a severe shortage of Chiefs to nudge these folks in the right direction. Tough love.

CountryFrog

Big Frog II is right there; the it's not my fault bunch is doomed to mediocre results, or worse.

There is a severe shortage of Chiefs to nudge these folks in the right direction. Tough love.
At least we know the student athletes at Florida are getting the proper leadership. They have a no nonsense coach who won't allow them to make any excuses for their failures.

Listen, you wretched pillock. Boykin was the golden child up until that bowl game. He was a Heisman trophy front runner until the injury. So stick that in your pipe and shove it up your ass.

You should defenestrate yourself from the highest building you can find.

Horny4TCU

I could be wrong but I believe there are plenty of resources in place for former students to take advantage of. They just have to put forth a minimal level of effort to take advantage of those resources.

A lot of this stuff is like blaming the school for kids who never go to class and don't graduate. If they aren't even going to put forth any effort whatsoever with all of the resources available to them then there isn't anything you can do. At a certain point they have to start taking control of their own lives.

Well, when you see former football players working at Whataburger... something is wrong. You're right there are services for kids, but the problem is they aren't widely advertised and utilized. They also aren't targeted for someone like an athlete with limited academic skills.

A lot of the student athletes are the later and not the former. They have talent and are passed because of their skills, not because of their academics achievements. Some of them only have middle school level academic skills. They can't make a resume to save their life.

Not saying they are going to go out and become CEOs, Lawyers, or even Sales Managers. If TCU would put more effort into the kids finding jobs and careers when they are done with athletics, it would speak volumes to recruits and former players. Even if they don't graduate with a degree.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
To get this back on track some, what is his problem and why is he blaming GP? Maybe he should have schooled while he was in school.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Not saying they are going to go out and become CEOs, Lawyers, or even Sales Managers. If TCU would put more effort into the kids finding jobs and careers when they are done with athletics, it would speak volumes to recruits and former players. .
I graduated with a degree and TCU made zero effort in finding a job for me, or even showing me where to look. Sometimes you have to just do it.

CountryFrog

Well, when you see former football players working at Whataburger... something is wrong. You're right there are services for kids, but the problem is they aren't widely advertised and utilized. They also aren't targeted for someone like an athlete with limited academic skills.

A lot of the student athletes are the later and not the former. They have talent and are passed because of their skills, not because of their academics achievements. Some of them only have middle school level academic skills. They can't make a resume to save their life.

Not saying they are going to go out and become CEOs, Lawyers, or even Sales Managers. If TCU would put more effort into the kids finding jobs and careers when they are done with athletics, it would speak volumes to recruits and former players. Even if they don't graduate with a degree.
Unless you have some really 1st hand knowledge of the specific shortcomings of TCU in these areas then I stand by my belief that they are doing a good job with all of this. There will always be students (athletes or not) who can claim that the system failed them but I'd bet very near 100% of those would be kids who never truly put forth the effort themselves to begin with.

No different than athletes who didn't make it in the pros and instead of acknowledging that they either weren't good enough or didn't work hard enough want to blame previous coaches for not giving them the proper opportunities.

CountryFrog

I graduated with a degree and TCU made zero effort in finding a job for me, or even showing me where to look. Sometimes you have to just do it.
I, too, made it through college and got my degree with basically zero assistance from administration other than my counselor and found a job without any help from anyone but myself.

Athletes have many resources that regular students don't have. No one can claim to be wronged if they can't find a decent job after school imo.