• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU’s Ar’Darius Washington is headed to the NFL Draft, forgoing two years of eligibility

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU’s Ar’Darius Washington is headed to the NFL Draft, forgoing two years of eligibility

BY DREW DAVISON

TCU safety Ar’Darius Washington is ending his college career early, declaring for the NFL Draft on Tuesday night.

Washington made the announcement on social media, thanking God, his mom and siblings and his teammates and coaches at TCU.

“With all that being said,” Washington wrote, “playing in the NFL has always been a dream of mine. With many prayers and faith, I have decided to forgo the rest of my eligibility and declare for the 2021 NFL Draft.”

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article248156275.html

Ar'Darius has been blessed with extraordinary talent and will likely succeed in his quest

for a Pro career. However, for most players anointed with a somewhat lessor degree of

talent to leave college after only two years of exposure would seem to be a rather dubious

decision. Having four years of exposure, with a degree in hand, would seem to be a more

prudent course of action.

OICU812

Ar'Darius has been blessed with extraordinary talent and will likely succeed in his quest

for a Pro career. However, for most players anointed with a somewhat lessor degree of

talent to leave college after only two years of exposure would seem to be a rather dubious

decision. Having four years of exposure, with a degree in hand, would seem to be a more

prudent course of action.

Bold statement

TK2000

With his limited resume due to injury I think he will end up going In as a Free Agent. Not saying he can’t make it that way, but our defense should be solid all around next year and he could boost his draft status IMO next year with a good season and may go first 3 rounds.

a lot of factors probably involved in the decision though, best of luck to him.

LisaLT

I don't understand this move. He really should have come back for one more year, IMO. I don't see him getting drafted at this point in his career.

I know he received a lot of attention for his freshman year success, but this year was a non-starter. Way too limited on field experience I think to get drafted this year.

I do, however, wish him success and will keep my fingers crossed for him to pursue his career in the NFL.

Jackson

Thank You Ar'Darius for a couple of outstanding seasons. Sadly I believe this decision is going to end up costing you a chance to play at the nest level. I hope you made this decision after weighing all the factors and not because a selfish individual(s) blew smoke in your direction. I hope this decision works out better for you than my crystal ball foretells.

MadFrog

TCU needs to recruit smarter kids. Did he even play this year? Between the transfer portal crap and kids leaving early for a pro dream, our favorite game is being negatively impacted several times over a season.

neutral observer

Thank you for a great Frog career. I would have hoped you would play at least one more year!

Best wishes. for you and your family in the coming year!!!!

Jackson

How many 5’8” < 180lb Safeties are in the NFL. I’d be shocked if there were more than ZERO. Sadly he’s decided to forego 2 more seasons at TCU to be “that one”.
Best Wishes chasing your dream!

CountryFrog

TCU needs to recruit smarter kids. Did he even play this year? Between the transfer portal crap and kids leaving early for a pro dream, our favorite game is being negatively impacted several times over a season.
Great point. We should only recruit kids who we know will stay in the program for as long as their NCAA eligibility will allow.

Tumbleweed

Don't jump on the obvious. Possibly family issues here, money relating to family etc. Pretty radical move and something made him pull the trigger. Hope it all works out so easily for him but I doubt it will.

TRF51

How many 5’8” < 180lb Safeties are in the NFL. I’d be shocked if there were more than ZERO. Sadly he’s decided to forego 2 more seasons at TCU to be “that one”.
Best Wishes chasing your dream!
That is about the size of the honey badger, he is not as good as the honey badger.

asleep003

decision. Having four years of exposure, with a degree in hand, would seem to be a more.

Yes, at 5'8", a degree in hand is the right way, plus 2 more years could get him closer to a Honey Badger look($) from the NFL.. Not many $s at this point if he can make a roster... for him or his family
. In another year or 2, who knows.?.

Don't jump on the obvious. Possibly family issues here, money relating to family etc. Pretty radical move and something made him pull the trigger. Hope it all works out so easily for him but I doubt it will prudent course of action.

He's a talented kid with visions of grandeur, especially prematurely, which is hard to correct in time for a probable disappointing outcome... hope this decision doesn't eat him up the rest of his life. We've seen this before....

Last edited: