• The KillerFrogs

2020 “Other” Bowl Games

OICU812

You run the triple option and you ain’t getting the 4-5 star recruits. And the triple option O lines are built on agility. That said...I agree with you. At least KU would have an identity other than pure grade-A suck. And they might make a bowl every now and then like Ga Tech
they have an identity their coach eats grass your welcome I'm daydrunk odds on making midnight or giving the lady any happys are suboptimal.

I would hope our troops are more disciplined than this...

Ummm, unless things have changed in the last 30 years no they are not, at least not on personal time. Drink Fight and scheiss are your primary pastimes as a "troop." It's a very different life from civilian life.

Eight

I Wonder why no College team has hired the Coach Kelley HS coach From Arkansas that never punts and always tries onsides kicks. That would at least be fun as hell to watch. A team like Kansas could do much worse than trying something crazy.

not everything done at the high school level translates to the college level

Double D

Tier 1
GO ARMY!

They are drilling WVU D! WVU just got an unspormanlike conduct penalty after ARMY scored. Hilarious! Pretty obvious WVU D does not like to be cut block by smaller ARMY O line.

CountryFrog

linked below are two articles from 247 about players sitting out bowl games in two different seasons. a wide range of positions, a few first round picks, a few were ufa, and one didn't get offered a ufa conttract.

reinforces the nfl as a whole doesn't care whether kids are playing in these bowls and willing to guarantee some pretty big dollars based upon the potential talent.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...-2020-players-skipping-140250654/#140250654_1

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...ft-Michigan-Wolverines-125855307/#125855307_9

players are well aware of the money involved in the sport of college football, they know the bowl pay outs, they know coaches get bonuses based upon making a bowl and the bowls are played after the semester so school is over for most of them.

the question i guess is whether one more game the enriches everyone else worth the risk to what it could possibly cost you
I was referring to anyone potentially sitting out PLAYOFF games. Not regular bowl games outside of the CFP.

I totally agree the NFL doesn't give a [ Finebaum ] about kids sitting out the Bahamas Bowl or even the Orange Bowl.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
they have an identity their coach eats grass your welcome I'm daydrunk odds on making midnight or giving the lady any happys are suboptimal.

Ummm, unless things have changed in the last 30 years no they are not, at least not on personal time. Drink Fight and scheiss are your primary pastimes as a "troop." It's a very different life from civilian life.

I was referring to those in uniform, football and/or BDUs...