• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Prairie View thread....

wilson912

Do you all believe Samuel is making great overall strides to improve? Has trouble catching passes, i know some of the passes were poor. Seems to bring the ball down sometimes after catching allowing opponent to try to steal. Left some points on the court attempting monster jams when easier layup / semi-dunk was there. Lost too any rebound battles. Really like the kid, hope he stays two more years.

flyfishingfrog

We've been bad for a very long time.
I guess that is my point

having a squad of guys that are bad is one thing

but after all those guys are gone and we continue to be bad year after year - makes me wonder if there is something about our practice facility, arena sight lines, Dixon’s approach that is the cause

Froglaw

Free throw shooting is coachable. Period.

I think Rick Berry and other Pros made a good living teaching free throws at elite camps when I was at TCU.

It's like putting, place kicking, hitting a baseball, bowling, or any other muscle memory athletic motion.

KS is much improved.

TCU Maniac could learn it, but he'll need a mask.

berryfrog95

RJ and Miles are the only ones that can hit key Fts and shots it appears. W/O RJ, fts were well off the mark.

I’ll take the win but I’d never thought I’d say we need RJ badly or this gets 2013 level starting off 8-3 and rattling off 18 losses in a row in conference....

MadFrog

Do you all believe Samuel is making great overall strides to improve? Has trouble catching passes, i know some of the passes were poor. Seems to bring the ball down sometimes after catching allowing opponent to try to steal. Left some points on the court attempting monster jams when easier layup / semi-dunk was there. Lost too any rebound battles. Really like the kid, hope he stays two more years.

He plays too soft for the NBA. He gets pushed around and has hands of cement when it comes to catching passes. Plus, his FT shooting is pathetic. Not an NBA player at all.

SuperTFrog

Free throw shooting is coachable. Period.

I think Rick Berry and other Pros made a good living teaching free throws at elite camps when I was at TCU.

It's like putting, place kicking, hitting a baseball, bowling, or any other muscle memory athletic motion.

KS is much improved.

TCU Maniac could learn it, but he'll need a mask.
I don’t think hitting a baseball is coachable at all. If you mean at the basic level like you would teach a kid to hit in Tee Ball, then yes. If you are talking about at an elite level, I think it is a gift that you either have or you don’t. You can certainly get better. My brother and I worked our asses off in high school in baseball. My brother went on the play at TCU and I SUCKED. There was no one who could coach me to hit. Moral of the story...I SUCKED at baseball!

Rose Bowl

I’m once again calling for a new coach. I appreciate that Jamie has brought us back to respectability and laid a groundwork for us. I can’t get past the total inconsistency that we play with. I never know which TCU team is going to show up and if we’re going to put in a good effort.

I constantly wonder if we’re getting taught the best x&o to compete at a high level. Jamie is so stubborn and unwilling to adjust what we do which frustrates me greatly. I’m not saying that we need an overhaul just some subtle adjustments that could help us especially on the offensive end.

Horned Toad

Miles about the only guy I trust at the line.
does raise the question why does it take 3-4 years to be competent with the basketball in this program and other higher rated programs seem to find kids who can perform the task right out of high school
Sounds similar to the issues with growing up the football team. We recruit talented players, they just need more seasoning. Either that or as some on here like to think, our coaches all suck. I still think it’s a matter of depth. There’s not much behind RJ or Dugan if either of them are out of the game. You can look at QJ or Miles as two freshmen ready to play from the get go. Those are pretty rare players for TCU, but give some others a few years in the system and they start to shine. Banes a good example of that.