• The KillerFrogs

Bowl Cancelled due to COVID

OaklawnPark

was looking forward to playing you guys. we finally have something to be excited about here in arkansas again besides our baseball team. Basketball and football are on the way back up thank goodness.

I do have a question. Did TCU allow their players to go home for Christmas? Arkansas had their players spend christmas in fayetteville away from family. curious if this happened all over the country or not.

Anyway, hope to get down to Lone Star Park after Oaklawn Park ends.

HFrog1999

Atleast the young players got some extra practices.

giphy.gif

Eight

was looking forward to playing you guys. we finally have something to be excited about here in arkansas again besides our baseball team. Basketball and football are on the way back up thank goodness.

I do have a question. Did TCU allow their players to go home for Christmas? Arkansas had their players spend christmas in fayetteville away from family. curious if this happened all over the country or not.

Anyway, hope to get down to Lone Star Park after Oaklawn Park ends.

it has been reported the frogs were allowed to go home for three days over christmas

LVH

Especially those 331,000 dead from it, not to mention ruined.

Inflated death tolls, and we all know it. When people who get shot to death or die in car accidents are being labelled COVID deaths, it makes it all highly questionable.

No mention of the people being ruined by unemployment, suicide, depression, broken marriages, of course. It's only about the 331,000 "deaths" and nothing else.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Inflated death tolls, and we all know it. When people who get shot to death or die in car accidents are being labelled COVID deaths, it makes it all highly questionable.

No mention of the people being ruined by unemployment, suicide, depression, broken marriages, of course. It's only about the 331,000 "deaths" and nothing else.
If you want to talk COVID go to the Pit. This is about the bowl cancellation not your views on the pandemic.

Eight

please take this somewhere scheissing else all of you,

i would rather listening to a gary patterson press conference explaining the decision not to play than more of this [ Finebaum ]

Eight

do have one question as it has been mentioned to me by a few friends that the bowl games are not subject to the conference guidelines for rosters, testing protocols etc....

does anyone know if that is true, because if that is indeed the case this looks even worse that we are siting that as a reason we aren't going to play the game

Eight

It's ridiculous COVID fear mongering and panic that led directly to this game being cancelled. 10 damn months of this [ #2020 ] now. I am surprised people haven't had enough yet. I know I have.

there is something going on and it isn't covid fear mongering so please take that [ Finebaum ] elsewhere

LVH

do have one question as it has been mentioned to me by a few friends that the bowl games are not subject to the conference guidelines for rosters, testing protocols etc....

does anyone know if that is true, because if that is indeed the case this looks even worse that we are siting that as a reason we aren't going to play the game

We could easily play this game. The roster losses have been minimal. We are choosing not to play because of politics. That's part of the reason I am so pissed off at this decision. It has nothing to do with safety, it has nothing to do with losing too many players. It's all about making an optics play.

PurpleBlood87

Z see

I’m more pissed at the program for allowing this number of players to get COVID. It doesn’t surprise me, LHCGP can’t keep his players feom going out and drinking the night before a bowl game, how was he gonna manage this?

Think it happened because they got a three day Christmas break and went home.
Guess TCU was right saying they could do a better job protecting their student-athletes at school.

Eight

We could easily play this game. The roster losses have been minimal. We are choosing not to play because of politics. That's part of the reason I am so pissed off at this decision. It has nothing to do with safety, it has nothing to do with losing too many players. It's all about making an optics play.

politics? i do think optics are at play, but not about politics but something else

givings

Go back to parler and tell yourself that again. Let's keep this to football.

Zubaz

Not sure, but my first thought is that it's not true. If it was, then the Big Ten would not have had to amend their guidelines to 17 days after Ohio State got into the playoff right? The conference's role in mandatory quarantine would be done at that point.

Eight

Not sure, but my first thought is that it's not true. If it was, then the Big Ten would not have had to amend their guidelines to 17 days after Ohio State got into the playoff right? The conference's role in mandatory quarantine would be done at that point.

agreed and i did find this article from cbs sports but it pertains to teams in the play off and not in bowl games:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ovid-19-protocols-created-by-own-conferences/

two paragraphs of interest.

"Each College Football Playoff participant will use the COVID-19 testing protocols created by its own conference as opposed to a uniform testing standard, sources tell CBS Sports. "

"Roster minimums required to play a game could be another sticking point. The SEC, Big 12 and Pac-12 require 53 scholarship players to play. That list must include seven offensive linemen, four interior defensive linemen and one quarterback. Teams can still decide to play on their own if they fall below that 53-player threshold."

LVH

agreed and i did find this article from cbs sports but it pertains to teams in the play off and not in bowl games:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ovid-19-protocols-created-by-own-conferences/

two paragraphs of interest.

"Each College Football Playoff participant will use the COVID-19 testing protocols created by its own conference as opposed to a uniform testing standard, sources tell CBS Sports. "

"Roster minimums required to play a game could be another sticking point. The SEC, Big 12 and Pac-12 require 53 scholarship players to play. That list must include seven offensive linemen, four interior defensive linemen and one quarterback. Teams can still decide to play on their own if they fall below that 53-player threshold."

We are no where near the 53 player threshold.