• The KillerFrogs

Bowl Cancelled due to COVID

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
this reminds me of the runt in HS that would run his mouth and have to get ‘held back’ by his friends.

or also the college coaches that have the strength and conditioning coach hold them back - which is one of the more ridiculous things I’ve seen grown men do.
Lighten up Susie. It was meant as humor.

Due to an increased number of positive COVID-19 tests and other circumstances within the TCU football program, the 2020 Mercari Texas Bowl has been canceled.

“While we are disappointed in canceling this year’s game, we look forward to hosting both the Texas Kickoff and Texas Bowl next season,” said David Fletcher, executive director. “We appreciate everyone’s support, including our new title sponsor, Mercari.”

Tickets that were purchased for the game originally scheduled to take place at NRG Stadium in Houston will be refunded and processed by the outlet it was purchased through, including Lone Star Sports & Entertainment and Ticketmaster.
To the Pit we go.

Pharm Frog

My thought was COVID got a receiver and what's left of the group got contact traced out, plus some others. The "other circumstances" are the receivers who already departed. But who knows.

If this is the case (and I don't believe that it is), what a sorry excuse for canceling. We line up QBs and RBs at the receiver positions all the time. And we should be R-ingTDB about 85% of the time anyway. Now if it was the O-line that got shellacked that would be a different case.