• The KillerFrogs

TCU Football: Hodges-Tomlinson, Moehrig Named AP All-Americans

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU cornerback Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson and safety Trevon Moehrig have been named second-team All-Americans by the Associated Press.

A sophomore from Waco, Texas, Hodges-Tomlinson was a first-team All-Big 12 selection by the conference head coaches. His 13 pass breakups on the season lead the Big 12 and are second nationally. He has started all 10 games with 26 tackles.

Hodges-Tomlinson was also a Pro Football Focus First-Team All-American. PFF rated him with a nation's-best 89.0 coverage grade, allowing just 12 catches on 45 targets over the final nine games of the season.

Moehrig is one of three finalists for the 2020 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award, presented to the nation's best defensive back. Additionally, he was an ESPN All-American and Chuck Bednarik Award semifinalist.

Moehrig was selected First-Team All-Big 12 by the conference head coaches for the second straight season. He had the game-saving interception with a one-handed snag in the end zone in the final minutes of a 29-22 win over No. 15 Oklahoma State on Dec. 5. The junior from Spring Branch, Texas, ranks among the national leaders at 1.1 passes defended per game (two interceptions, nine pass breakups). His 11 passes defended trail only Hodges-Tomlinson (13) in the Big 12. He places third on the Horned Frogs with 47 tackles, including 2.0 for loss.

Moehrig has taken part in nine takeaways over the last two seasons which is tied for second in the FBS.

Pro Football Focus ranked Moehrig as the nation's No. 1 safety in 2019 with the third-most valuable season in the PFF College era.

Wexahu

Hodges......ranked the 175th best prospect in Texas in the 2019 class. 2nd team AA in 2020. Pretty damn awesome.

Selfishly hope we have TM another year but probably wishful thinking.

Armadillo

I've heard some rumblings on ThT. Not sure of the validity so please don't quote me on this, but my insider tells me that ThT is one of the hardest workers on the team. True FrogFactor if you will.

No matter my source, I'm very proud of the young man. Living up to his namesake, yet making his own way on the Defensive side of the ball.

(I have 2 insider sources, one very accurate and in touch, the other a wannabe that is hit or miss and probably gets all his info from websites which I don't have time to read and passes it off as "insider info". This is from the second source)

Froglaw

THT beat out Uncle LT on All-America status. LT didn't get that until his junior year.

Basil Mitchell had a lot to do with the lack of carries that year.

I'll never forget the USC All American ML watching Basil blow by the Trojan defense on huge runs.