• The KillerFrogs

JJ Watt

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Gotta give him credit here.

I read that on espn and while I don't care about JJ, I loved what he said. IMHO, there's not enough athletes that feel this way and understand that they are getting paid millions of dollars to play a game and entertain people. They don't take their "job" serious enough.

Last edited:

tetonfrog

I love JJ cuz he is such an amazing competitor. It is a shame he never won a Rose Bowl and it looks like he won’t win a super bowl either.

the curse of the Oilers is real and strong.

Eight

While I admit enjoying JJ’s Rose Bowl tears, he seems like a really good human.

the one thing with watt is he does put the time and work into being a good nfl player and i do believe he understands to some extent what the team owes the fan base.

Eight

He’s a grandstander.

no

he isn't the player he once was, he can't take over a game, he can't force an offense to change their protection scheme, he at times freelances and gets caught out of positions in run scheme, he can't fight through double teams like he did, but the one thing he does is play and play as hard as he can for that organization

look at the number of snaps he plays and compare that to other players at his position and his age. this is a guy who has multiple major injuries playing in the lines of the nfl and you won't hear the words "load management" with watt

what he is that is unique to houston is a professional athlete who will come out and say the truth and not speak in cliche's, mumble things, or say nothing at all.

Eight

He should come to the Stillers except he wouldn’t start there. Heyward and Tuitt too good.

i could very much see him being a chris long type for someone coming in an playing a fewer number of snaps than he is currently playing at a highly effective level in the right system

he doesn't have to the be the guy anymore and if you put him amid a group of other good defenders he can bring some value

steelfrog

Tier 1
i could very much see him being a chris long type for someone coming in an playing a fewer number of snaps than he is currently playing at a highly effective level in the right system

he doesn't have to the be the guy anymore and if you put him amid a group of other good defenders he can bring some value
Too true. And both his brothers are on Stillers

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
no

he isn't the player he once was, he can't take over a game, he can't force an offense to change their protection scheme, he at times freelances and gets caught out of positions in run scheme, he can't fight through double teams like he did, but the one thing he does is play and play as hard as he can for that organization

look at the number of snaps he plays and compare that to other players at his position and his age. this is a guy who has multiple major injuries playing in the lines of the nfl and you won't hear the words "load management" with watt

what he is that is unique to houston is a professional athlete who will come out and say the truth and not speak in cliche's, mumble things, or say nothing at all.
He is, in person, a very laid back and humble guy. WYSIWYG. The places he regularly dines or does business all have nothing but praise. It's a pity that the rest of that organization is so dysfunctional and clueless...