• The KillerFrogs

Cumbie distraction?

westoverhillbilly

I'm hopeful (and cautiously optimistic) that we'll be just fine without Cumbie especially in this game and going beyond. Yes, he was reputed to be a solid recruiter, but I remember him saying something to the effect of (perhaps humbly) TCU being an easy sell compared to Lubbock in that a coach could make contact with so many more players locally and to the east (i.e. Louisiana) in such a shorter period of time. Good guy that he's reported to be, his product was simply quite sub-par year over year over year.

Missing Pro Wells for this game doesn't help but shouldn't be enough of a talent drop to make a large difference. Arkansas has a lot to gain and might come out executing well. If they play like they did against Auburn, we'll have a tough time beating them.

Froginbedford

I'm hopeful (and cautiously optimistic) that we'll be just fine without Cumbie especially in this game and going beyond. Yes, he was reputed to be a solid recruiter, but I remember him saying something to the effect of (perhaps humbly) TCU being an easy sell compared to Lubbock in that a coach could make contact with so many more players locally and to the east (i.e. Louisiana) in such a shorter period of time. Good guy that he's reported to be, his product was simply quite sub-par year over year over year.

Missing Pro Wells for this game doesn't help but shouldn't be enough of a talent drop to make a large difference. Arkansas has a lot to gain and might come out executing well. If they play like they did against Auburn, we'll have a tough time beating them.

I fully expect Arkansas to be surprising....