• The KillerFrogs

Frogs vs. Hogs

Froginbedford

Arkansas my most hated team. From the SWC days. Their two-decade win streak with the worst fans. Still hate them.

I hear ya....22 straight non-wins to Arkansas, 23 straight to A&M, 24 straight to UT....At least we have a couple of wins against Arkansas since 1981 and have been able to handle Texas recently....Of all three, Arkansas did/does maybe have the worst fans...usually fueled up before and during the game....A&M is, well, A&M....Most of the bad juju from UT was originated and cultivated by Darrell Royal....I did have the pleasure of witnessing the 1967 game in Austin....Frogs trailed at half 17-6 and rallied to win 24-17, but after that, DKR started to purposefully drive up the scores....

Frog-in-law1995

Well, I'm confused....How was scoring a mistake? And who was it that did the throat slash/religious practice?

We were ahead by one. If he hadn’t scored, we could’ve run the clock out. But he scored, so we kicked off to Arky, who drove the field, scored, and converted a 2-point attempt to tie. Then won in overtime. And it was Hill who made the religious gesture, but it was not a throat slash.

Pharm Frog

We were ahead by one. If he hadn’t scored, we could’ve run the clock out. But he scored, so we kicked off to Arky, who drove the field, scored, and converted a 2-point attempt to tie. Then won in overtime. And it was Hill who made the religious gesture, but it was not a throat slash.

As my HR department said repeatedly a couple of weeks ago...it’s not what you intend, it’s how it’s interpreted by others that matters. Since he was penalized for it, it was clearly a throat slash.

westoverhillbilly

This article says Hill scored the TD.

We went ahead by 7 and decided to go for one on the extra point, even though Patterson signaled to go for two- which would have been the best decision because if successful we would lead by 9 and game out of reach. Had we been unsuccessful and just remained ahead by 7, if Arky scored again (which they did), they would have in all likelihood kicked the extra point to take the game to overtime. Going ahead by really gain us anything. Bad on CGP to not overrule his assistants- likely Cumby was involved.

tcudoc

It was both a throat slash and a religious gesture. Very much an Old Testament move.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Not sure what religion that comes from...

The Church of What's Happening Now.
flipwilson.gif