• The KillerFrogs

Cumbie to tech?

Froggish

he could not find another job anywhere or he couldn't find a job where he wanted to live?

in either case the idea we hired a play caller out of sympathy is even a scarier proposition if what you say is correct.

hell, make him an analyst if he needs work.

It was well known that during the 2019 season that he called and asked GP for a job and was told no. Over the summer before getting his job back at TCU, he called and asked Sonny Dykes for a job as the OC at SMU. He wanted to replace Rhett Lashlee but Sonny went with Garrett Riley. He didn't have a lot of FBS options. The reality is both Cumbie and Meacham have built their resume's around what happened in 2014-2015 and I'm not sure where that leaves DM. I think he's on a fairly short leash at TCU....OR was before being offered an extension a few days ago

OmniscienceFrog

Yes, you do. There's an outstanding burger joint up there that makes the drive worth it: Willie's Place, at 10th and Beverly.

Do it.
Well, i don't have any need to go to Lubbock or Wichita Falls anymore so it doesn't really matter. I haven't been to Wichita Falls in like 16 years, but when I was going through there I was chowing on a pan fried Chicken Fried Steak at one of the Pioneer Restaurants.

I can go a mile down the road from my house and get a kickass burger, and any number of other places around Ft Worth for that matter.

Last edited:

Eight

It was well known that during the 2019 season that he called and asked GP for a job and was told no. Over the summer before getting his job back at TCU, he called and asked Sonny Dykes for a job as the OC at SMU. He wanted to replace Rhett Lashlee but Sonny went with Garrett Riley. He didn't have a lot of FBS options. The reality is both Cumbie and Meacham have built their resume's around what happened in 2014-2015 and I'm not sure where that leaves DM. I think he's on a fairly short leash at TCU....OR was before being offered an extension a few days ago

based upon what you wrote, it sounded more as if he didn't have options where he wanted them and what he wanted versus no job options and the idea we are hiring staff with that mindset is not very encouraging going forward.

4th. down

Meach is an upbeat type of guy with a lot of energy and the players like him and he's also a good recruiter (see recently Sam Jackson).

GP would not have given him another 2 years if he hadn't agreed to work within the offensive framework that Kill has set forth. After the Hog game we will know for sure how that's going to work out. If we cannot beat Arkansas, then I don't really see any offensive improvement which will not bode well for next season.

Moose Stuff

Meach is an upbeat type of guy with a lot of energy and the players like him and he's also a good recruiter (see recently Sam Jackson).

GP would not have given him another 2 years if he hadn't agreed to work within the offensive framework that Kill has set forth. After the Hog game we will know for sure how that's going to work out. If we cannot beat Arkansas, then I don't really see any offensive improvement which will not bode well for next season.

Basing the future success of our offense on whether or not we beat Arkansas seems fool proof.

Eight

my concern centers around choosing a scheme, drawing the scheme up, recruiting, teaching etc..

meacham is from the air raid school throwing the ball and the zone blocking in the run game and i can't recall a school he has worked at that consistently used two backs for example.

at some point and time you need a background in what you are trying to do and not simply someone who says he will give you what you want

4th. down

my concern centers around choosing a scheme, drawing the scheme up, recruiting, teaching etc..

meacham is from the air raid school throwing the ball and the zone blocking in the run game and i can't recall a school he has worked at that consistently used two backs for example.

at some point and time you need a background in what you are trying to do and not simply someone who says he will give you what you want

OK, that's why I think Meach was told to come over to my way of thinking (KIll) or start looking for new employment. We will see more Kill offensive formations in the Hog game than ones Meach employs.

What you see in the Hog game will be basically what goes on in the spring and fall camp......what you see is what you'll get and hopefully we will be excited. Kill now, more than ever since Sonny is gone, it's his offensive show.

Wexahu

Can we now go back to snapping under center, at least a few plays each series?

On that same theme, if we’re not gonna go fast, which would be fine with me, I’d love to see an old-fashioned huddle. Someone needs to explain to me the benefit to the offense of lining up in formation and waiting another 10-15 seconds to snap the ball. All that does is help the defense.

4th. down

On that same theme, if we’re not gonna go fast, which would be fine with me, I’d love to see an old-fashioned huddle. Someone needs to explain to me the benefit to the offense of lining up in formation and waiting another 10-15 seconds to snap the ball. All that does is help the defense.

yea, yea, yea, yea! No more looking to the sideline and then an extended clap, clap, clap, clap, clap. Now the defense has shifted and we snap the ball.

I liked it when we huddled like Andy did....the QB gets to look the players in the face and verbally tell that primary receiver to make a sharp cut, etc. Max would be deadly with some mixture under center with split backs.

Eight

All I know is that if Cumbie hangs 45 on LHCGP and he comes out with that “stolen signals” bs, I might be at the end of my rope with LHCGP

pharm has raised the issue that can the signals possibly be considered stolen if they are basically general public knowledge?

4rgqr2.jpg

Last edited:

Wexahu

yea, yea, yea, yea! No more looking to the sideline and then an extended clap, clap, clap, clap, clap. Now the defense has shifted and we snap the ball.

I liked it when we huddled like Andy did....the QB gets to look the players in the face and verbally tell that primary receiver to make a sharp cut, etc. Max would be deadly with some mixture under center with split backs.

I think there is something to everyone huddling, beyond not tipping your formation to the defense. Gives the QB and everyone else a chance to kind of get their [ Finebaum ] together before every play.