• The KillerFrogs

Cumbie to tech?

Moose Stuff

You realize he came here from Tech, right? Happens all the time.

My brother is on Tech’s Rivals site. He’s saying Chris Level, who’s as plugged in as anyone, is saying it’s pretty much a done deal. Said people in FTW are congratulating him and the program on the hire.

He will do well at Tech. Patterson held him back. Definitely a loss for us and gain for them.

It is 1000000000% not a loss for us. I'm not actually sure what he was even doing for us anymore.

Chongo94

You realize he came here from Tech, right? Happens all the time.

My brother is on Tech’s Rivals site. He’s saying Chris Level, who’s as plugged in as anyone, is saying it’s pretty much a done deal. Said people in FTW are congratulating him and the program on the hire.

He will do well at Tech. Patterson held him back. Definitely a loss for us and gain for them.

Yeahhhh, I’m not so sure about that.
We’ll see though. The OC they had last year was supposed to be a whiz at offense and basically became the sacrificial lamb when it became clear Wells wasn’t leaving.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
How the tides have turned, for awhile there some were thinking he was going to be a legit replacement for Patterson.
There was the flirtation with UT and Chollie's staff, which fizzled due to the Dead Man Walking that poor Chollie was at that point. Past that, lack of development of the Offense, and lack of development among the QBs soured everyone watching the Program.

Honestly, I hope he does fine at his new home. Perhaps a new canvas will allow for a new picture for him, and us.

CryptoMiner

It is 1000000000% not a loss for us. I'm not actually sure what he was even doing for us anymore.

You are so wrong here and you are so off it is ridiculous. Our best recruiter by far and if anyone believes the problems with the offense had anything to do with anyone other than CGP they are kidding themselves.

Will be a big loss if he accepts which is expected.

Chongo94

I think, before anyone continues to say it will be a big loss, we should actually wait to see what happens next season.

I mean if just going by results and player improvement on the field, there have been pretty much none that we can seriously point to.

It might be a loss on the recruiting trail, that I get. But seeing as how there really wasn’t any sort of large improvement with the offense or our qbs the past few years, I don’t understand the dire predictions of this being a huge loss for us.

McFroggin

You are so wrong here and you are so off it is ridiculous. Our best recruiter by far and if anyone believes the problems with the offense had anything to do with anyone other than CGP they are kidding themselves.

Which high school QB did he recruit and develop during his multiple years here that made a big impact?

Wexahu

I think, before anyone continues to say it will be a big loss, we should actually wait to see what happens next season.

I mean if just going by results and player improvement on the field, there have been pretty much none that we can seriously point to.

It might be a loss on the recruiting trail, that I get. But seeing as how there really wasn’t any sort of large improvement with the offense or our qbs the past few years, I don’t understand the dire predictions of this being a huge loss for us.

Recruiting doesn’t produce much if you can’t coach and develop. He seems like a great guy but the results just weren’t there, to say the least.

CountryFrog

Let's say you're right that GP is the problem with the offense. GP isn't going anywhere. So it would seem to me we're just scheissed no matter what and what school pays Cumbie has no real effect on anything.

Wexahu

Which high school QB did he recruit and develop during his multiple years here that made a big impact?

Every time a backup came in, save for a couple brief moments with Collins, they looked ill prepared to play IMO. They’d come in with a huge deer in headlights look. If that was GP’s fault, ok, but that’s what they looked like to me.

Salfrog

Tier 1

Remind me again, which one of our QBs did he develop in all of the years he was here?