• The KillerFrogs

OT: Silver investment. Thoughts/Advice

PO Frog

Do not remember. Too long ago. Family pile of old National Geographic magazines lost in flood. IIRC, the photo was one of those masterpieces by the guy who did the cover shot of the Afgan girl in '79.

Sigh. I must remember to read more closely before the morning coffee has taken effect... Touche.
Lol say it out loud and you may get the joke

82 Frog Fever

Buy only minted coins and keep them in your possession. Do not buy gold or silver bars, too many fakes, and you have to get them assayed to sell them.[/QUOTE

Definitely, but pure silver is extremely hard to fake. For most, a simple ice cube test would work. Just put an ice cube on .999 silver, and It will melt 2x as fast as a piece of ice sitting separate.

Francis Xavier

GLD is the direct investment into a fund that trades gold. Essentially it follows the price as shown by the market.

Physical gold is easily obtainable through a number of bullion dealers. The U.S. Mint makes a number of products that are purely bullion based and many that are of numismatic interest as well. Gold Buffalos are nice, as are Gold Eagles. Purchasing directly from the Mint allows one to stay away from the dodgy "Gold!" guys if you're into physical gold. Reputable dealers have a bunch of different Mint products to choose from, such as Gold Sovereigns from Britain, or Kangaroos from Australia. The folks down in South Africa still mint Krugerrands.

The U.S. has larded up with $30 trillion in debt, and props up the Market to the tune of $120 billion monthly. I cannot understand why inflation hasn't wiped out the dollar already...
Its coming. But quite simply, we’ve stimulated the economy “less” than what other countries have done. Our dollar trades vs theirs.

Francis Xavier

If you all compare charts from gold, silver, cryptos, youll see similar patterns. I think we get one more huge drop on btc, similar to gold previous months back, before continuing further. Buying at this level though is dumb.(not financial advice)

HFrog1999

giphy.gif

CryptoMiner

GLD is the direct investment into a fund that trades gold. Essentially it follows the price as shown by the market.

Physical gold is easily obtainable through a number of bullion dealers. The U.S. Mint makes a number of products that are purely bullion based and many that are of numismatic interest as well. Gold Buffalos are nice, as are Gold Eagles. Purchasing directly from the Mint allows one to stay away from the dodgy "Gold!" guys if you're into physical gold. Reputable dealers have a bunch of different Mint products to choose from, such as Gold Sovereigns from Britain, or Kangaroos from Australia. The folks down in South Africa still mint Krugerrands.

The U.S. has larded up with $30 trillion in debt, and props up the Market to the tune of $120 billion monthly. I cannot understand why inflation hasn't wiped out the dollar already...

Ummm what inflation?

CryptoMiner

Think it was about 15 years ago that I argued with a poster about hidden inflation. Time I think proved me correct.

As far as future, lots of cash on hand but in corps and high income individuals so inflation still not an issue unless you are looking at high end real estate.

If in high end real estate I would sell.

CryptoMiner

Don't buy physical metal because you will get screwed by the dealers on entry and exit.

instead of taking delivery of metal, which comes at big costs, consider trading futures which will give you the same exposure at better fill prices. Futures come with the added flexibility of taking short positions if you think the price is going to go down. To maintain a long term position, you can just roll positions from one month to the next and still come out better than paying the metal rip-off artists their commissions.

Or just dig it up yourself.

Latest posts