• The KillerFrogs

Rose Bowl Moving To Gerry World

CountryFrog

This year they could get as much of the Rose Bowl experience if the game was played in Atlanta or Kansas City. Do you really think they’d enjoy the round trip flights to LA?
I get it. But that's all part of it.

What I'm saying is that NORMALLY when you get to play in the Rose Bowl then you get a winter trip to SoCal and you get to play in front of 100K in the most historic venue in the sport.

Compared to that going to Arlington to play in front of a half empty Jerry World sucks.

California still had a chance to get some people in the stadium and keep the game and it sucks from the players standpoint that they didn't do it.

Am I just a total scheissing moron for thinking this?

LVH

Uh yes. If you’ve been to both and you believe playing in Arlington is better you have very poor taste. I’m sure your opinion is politically driven though.

The players won't be going to Disneyland, Clippers game, Lawrys, Comedy Club, Bowling Alley, or any of the other team and fun activities that the players usually get to do

Bowl Games this year will be no different than a normal non conference game. It won't be a bowl trip like usual so what is the point

Pharm Frog

The players won't be going to Disneyland, Clippers game, Lawrys, Comedy Club, Bowling Alley, or any of the other team and fun activities that the players usually get to do

Bowl Games this year will be no different than a normal non conference game. It won't be a bowl trip like usual so what is the point

They definitely won’t be visiting local children’s hospitals or getting to eat at any cool places. They’ll arrive in town as close to game day as possible.

Pharm Frog

I get it. But that's all part of it.

What I'm saying is that NORMALLY when you get to play in the Rose Bowl then you get a winter trip to SoCal and you get to play in front of 100K in the most historic venue in the sport.

Compared to that going to Arlington to play in front of a half empty Jerry World sucks.

California still had a chance to get some people in the stadium and keep the game and it sucks from the players standpoint that they didn't do it.

Am I just a total scheissing moron for thinking this?

No. Some people have thought you to be a total scheissing moron well before you had that thought.

CountryFrog

I just read two threads that provide ample evidence of posters apparently holding that position. Whether it’s real or just contrarian fun is debatable.
My account was hacked.

Their accounts were hacked.

To my recollection none of that ever happened.

I'm on a variety of medications.

You'd have to talk to my assistant. He does everything with my phone. I can't even turn it on without him.

HToady

Yea it was fully tongue in cheek. I've admittedly done zero charting of the 2 areas and where the sun will be in relation to the stadiums throughout the day.
We do know at Jerryworld it comes in through the end zone glass and effects play on the field because of the stupid way Jerry designed the place.
However he may throw some temporary unsafe bleachers up.

Moose Stuff

Exactly which is why I don't see the point of bowl games this year outside the NY6

Because it's college football and people like college football?

I mean you've been ranting for 10 months about the idiocy of our reaction to COVID but you're openly questioning why we would keep playing college football games? It's because that's what we would NORMALLY be doing. If anyone should be applauding this it's YOU.

Last edited:

HFrog1999

The only time I’ve been to the Rose Bowl was when it was empty. I wasn’t that impressed with an empty stadium. It’s more important that the players can play in front of their families and fans.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The thing that makes the Rose Bowl the Rose Bowl are the people and the pageantry, not the structures. Without a heaving mass of the most hard core fans in attendance to scream their lungs out, it's just a glorified scrimmage. The Rose Bowl is over a century old. The tunnels were built by dwarves. The bathrooms were unspeakable. As LVH points out, much of the "experience" is lost because Cali is shut down by the deranged lunatics that run the place. The players would move from chartered plane, to sterile bus, to anodyne hotel, to game, to airport, and home. Bang, boom, ding. A spectacle for TV and nothing else.

JerryWorld, OTOH, is a dump. Sure, it's modern and glitzy and all, but it's seemingly constructed out of cheap plastic, and architecturally has all the grace and style of one of Saddam Hussein's palaces. The only saving grace in playing the match there is: Fans. Actual by-Ghod people screaming their lungs out and enjoying the ups and downs of a good game.