• The KillerFrogs

Kansas City Star: Why Mizzou’s Shawn Robinson switched from quarterback to safety

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘I love my team’: Why Mizzou’s Shawn Robinson switched from quarterback to safety

BY SOUICHI TERADA

Missouri Tigers coach Eliah Drinkwitz approached his backup quarterback Shawn Robinson about a month ago. Robinson had started the first two games for Mizzou at quarterback, the prized TCU transfer and former four-star recruit poised to take the reigns for Missouri at the game’s most important position.

But then Robinson hit some speed bumps and was eventually replaced by quarterback Connor Bazelak in the second quarter of the second game of the season. Since then, Bazelak has been Mizzou’s guy, playing just about every snap.

Robinson was set to appear in some packages to fool the opposition, but the opportunities were going to be limited.

Drinkwitz had an idea: How about playing safety?

Read more at https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article247983115.html

West Coast Johnny

Just a bad job of talent evaluation by the TCU staff who thought that Robinson was a college QB. His recruitment was a huge mistake and put us behind the eight ball when Justin Rogers got injured while still in high school. Our QB recruiting for the last several years... Just plain bad. In fact, most of the QBs we've brought in over the last six years or so have been not good enough for college QBs and that includes some of the grad transfers we brought in.

Punter1

Just a bad job of talent evaluation by the TCU staff who thought that Robinson was a college QB. His recruitment was a huge mistake and put us behind the eight ball when Justin Rogers got injured while still in high school. Our QB recruiting for the last several years... Just plain bad. In fact, most of the QBs we've brought in over the last six years or so have been not good enough for college QBs and that includes some of the grad transfers we brought in.

Dude...the whole country dam near offered and would have taken SRob....not just us. Take a lap.

Edit...the more I read your post the more ridiculously bad takes there are in it. You're in good form today WCJ.

Last edited: