• The KillerFrogs

Art Briles and Texas Tech

Chongo94

Anything new about Briles and TT?

Are they dumb enough to offer him a job? No doubt he’d take a job any P5 offered.

I haven’t heard much of anything since so I’m fairly certain Wells will be there next year. I have heard that if he doesn’t get to a bowl next year (which won’t happen I think) that he will be gone.

And it also seems like a large part of the big donors are souring on Kirby as well so that might get interesting.

CountryFrog

I haven’t heard much of anything since so I’m fairly certain Wells will be there next year. I have heard that if he doesn’t get to a bowl next year (which won’t happen I think) that he will be gone.

And it also seems like a large part of the big donors are souring on Kirby as well so that might get interesting.
Tech fans should probably come to terms with the fact that they're simply not a good football program. They have no actual accomplishments in their history, they're in Lubbock, and at their best they aren't even one of the top 3 programs in the state. And within their conference they are essentially the equivalent of Indiana in the Big 10.

The Leach era was the absolute pinnacle of anything that Tech could ever reasonably hope to be and they ran him out of town.

jack the frog

Looks like the few remaining Briles conspiracy nuts will have to wait a bit longer for redemption. These were the same bunch in 2016 that assured us that Briles had to be eliminated because the thought of a Briles led Baylor was too scary to contemplate by the likes of OU, Texas and others. As I recall, after a reputation makeover initiated by ESPN, his hire was imminent at Texas, Tech, Ok State and one or two others. Could be that Art just turned out to be an [ Arschloch] that nobody wants to hire.

Edit: now watch Auburn hire him.

Last edited:

AroundWorldFrog

Tech fans should probably come to terms with the fact that they're simply not a good football program. They have no actual accomplishments in their history, they're in Lubbock, and at their best they aren't even one of the top 3 programs in the state. And within their conference they are essentially the equivalent of Indiana in the Big 10.

The Leach era was the absolute pinnacle of anything that Tech could ever reasonably hope to be and they ran him out of town.
CJKTT