• The KillerFrogs

No ABC

mc1502

I called DTV last night to [ hundin] about this, knowing that they would throw me a bone. They ended up giving me $60 a month off for a year, free HBO max for a year, and a free over the air antenna get ABC over the air. It didn’t solve the issue, but I certainly feel better about it

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’m somewhat concerned that the ending will be less than satisfying a fraught with errors.

It was pretty good and left a tail for season two without not resolving the main thread.

But as with most Hollywood writing you can pick at the writing. But as my wife says, it’s not a documentary...

Pharm Frog

Well the ESPN app isn’t working for me to bypass. And I didn’t realize this is impacting Dish as well. And CBS is knocked out as well.

Apparently you have to be in one of the designated service cities for Locast to work

JugbandFrog

Well the ESPN app isn’t working for me to bypass. And I didn’t realize this is impacting Dish as well. And CBS is knocked out as well.

Apparently you have to be in one of the designated service cities for Locast to work
It may be too late, but you could always do Hulu TV or something for a day, and then cancel, and they will refund you what you didn’t use.

Endless Purple

If you live anywhere near a city, just get an antennae. Then whenever there is a dispute between satellite/cable and channels there is a backup plan until it gets resolved.

Relic

Welp, my first use of Locast and it is a pain: every 15 minutes, regardless of what may be happening on the screen, you are forced to endure a Locast commercial begging for $5, with no chance to rewind and see what you missed on the field. Guess it's worth what I paid...

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
wow - that sucks. did not know they would black out a region like that...

I’ve lived in quite a few place from LA to Hartford and in between and this seems to pop up at one time or another. They try to blackmail them during football season, final four, etc and run some kind of crawler at the bottom stating, if you like your NFL, NCAA, etc then call KABC or whomever to voice your displeasure...

frogs9497

Anyone have opinions on picture quality... YouTube vs DTV? I’m watching AL vs FL on DTV and thinking the DTV picture can’t be beat. Maybe matched.

frogs9497

I called DTV last night to [ hundin] about this, knowing that they would throw me a bone. They ended up giving me $60 a month off for a year, free HBO max for a year, and a free over the air antenna get ABC over the air. It didn’t solve the issue, but I certainly feel better about it

Sounds like you picked an opportune time to [ hundin]. Those are big concessions. Think I should try.

Wexahu

Anyone have opinions on picture quality... YouTube vs DTV? I’m watching AL vs FL on DTV and thinking the DTV picture can’t be beat. Maybe matched.

I think the DTV picture might be ever so slightly better than YouTube but honestly can’t tell for sure. Streaming right now and the picture looks great. Good enough for sure.