• The KillerFrogs

Not a Notre Dame fan at all but I applaud their stance....

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
not sure what is so special about this?

Pasadena_strip_mall_MS_TT.jpg

Pasadena-Houston-Texas-Office-Furniture-1.jpg

920x920.jpg

The air is greener in Pasadener...

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Please. I’m guessing not.

Though I was referring to Pasadena, TX and it for sure has some pretty stinky air, I lived about 4 blocks south Colorado Blvd and I can vouch that the air can be so bad there they would cancel little league games. Looking down into the San Gabriel Valley from Mt. Wilson would look like greenish yellow clouds from the smog.

frogs9497

Though I was referring to Pasadena, TX and it for sure has some pretty stinky air, I lived about 4 blocks south Colorado Blvd and I can vouch that the air can be so bad there they would cancel little league games. Looking down into the San Gabriel Valley from Mt. Wilson would look like greenish yellow clouds from the smog.

I have no scheissing idea what any of this means.

Move it to Arlington and have 2 Cotton Bowls.
I forget which show but the guys on the Ticket were talking about this a couple of days ago. I haven't seen it anywhere else but there supposedly is a pending proposal to do that. According to them, the proposal was just to move the semi-final game to AT&T so fans could attend but the Rose Bowl people were not in agreement to having the Rose Bowl be played at a different location so it would just be a CFB semi-final, no bowl name. Consequently, according to them, there would be no Rose Bowl played at all if the proposal were adopted.

Pharm Frog

It seems you’ve allowed your political bias to deny yourself of what may be the best venue in college sports.

So incredibly dumb. The denial of access to the Rose Bowl would have nothing to do at all with MY political bias. You have professional sports teams in that state now having to move out of state to play home games. The likelihood of any NCAA team located west of I-35 qualifying to play in that semifinal game is remote so logistically it makes NO sense. (Yea...I realize Ames is just west of I-35). But should I decide that I wanted to go to the Rose Bowl it would not be MY political bias that would prevent that. Seems like an incredibly stupid risk for the NCAA to take.

frogs9497

So incredibly dumb. The denial of access to the Rose Bowl would have nothing to do at all with MY political bias. You have professional sports teams in that state now having to move out of state to play home games. The likelihood of any NCAA team located west of I-35 qualifying to play in that semifinal game is remote so logistically it makes NO sense. (Yea...I realize Ames is just west of I-35). But should I decide that I wanted to go to the Rose Bowl it would not be MY political bias that would prevent that. Seems like an incredibly stupid risk for the NCAA to take.

“ A state like California.” Surely you could see how this could be interpreted as something other than “incredibly dumb.” If denial of access is your really your complaint, great. I’m dubious.

Pharm Frog

Surely you could see how this could be interpreted as something other than “incredibly dumb.” If denial of access is your really your complaint, great. I’m dubious.

I don’t have a complaint. I just can’t imagine a scenario whereby the NCAA would think CA would be a smart place to schedule that game when far more receptive sites would be available and with far less travel. In fact...my dream scenario would be A&M and ND scheduled to play in Pasadena and it get canceled less than 48 hours before kickoff. That would be freaking AWESOME.

Moose Stuff

It seems you’ve allowed your political bias to deny yourself of what may be the best venue in college sports.

It seems you've found political bias where there was none. I found it entirely obvious that he just thought it was stupid to make two teams not from California play a game in California in front of zero fans when they could play it somewhere closer to the two schools and WITH fans.

Paul in uhh

Pharm Frog

It seems you've found political bias where there was none. I found it entirely obvious that he just thought it was stupid to make two teams not from California play a game in California in front of zero fans when they could play it somewhere closer to the two schools and WITH fans.

In fairness I think it would be equally dumb to schedule that game in ABQ.