• The KillerFrogs

No ABC

froginaustin

Yah, DirectTV ought to simply fork over as much subscribers' money to the providers as the providers can dream of getting. Raise subscription rates to whatever it takes. :)

FinanceFrog

I just dropped Directv and went to YouTube tv 4-5 days ago. Takes just a bit to get used to but no real issues. Worst thing is channels don’t have numbers so changing channels isn’t as quick. No big deal. Saving about $70/month.

theres some shortcuts you can learn to help navigate channels. also, you can reorder the channel guide using the app on your phone.

frogs9497

I just dropped Directv and went to YouTube tv 4-5 days ago. Takes just a bit to get used to but no real issues. Worst thing is channels don’t have numbers so changing channels isn’t as quick. No big deal. Saving about $70/month.

I’m so close to doing this. Just concerned about the ability (or inability) to stream to more than 1 room at the same time. We have fiber optic internet service, but it’s the WiFi I’m not sure about.

Zubaz

I’m so close to doing this. Just concerned about the ability (or inability) to stream to more than 1 room at the same time. We have fiber optic internet service, but it’s the WiFi I’m not sure about.
Mesh routers are the way to go. We got an Amazon Eero a few months ago and it was a game changer. Went from 10Mbps to 60Mbps without doing a thing to our Comcast subscription.

Wexahu

YouTube has a 2-week free trial. Maybe they all do. If it doesn’t work to your liking, you could just drop it. Takes about 2 minutes to get it. Incredible how easy it is really.

frogs9497

Mesh routers are the way to go. We got an Amazon Eero a few months ago and it was a game changer. Went from 10Mbps to 60Mbps without doing a thing to our Comcast subscription.

We have 3 mesh extenders throughout the house, so maybe we’re good.

HToady

not optimum of course, but you can go to 205 HD Sportsmix (on Direct TV), and you will be able to see it and hear it but you'll have to sit directly in front of your TV set....crappy

MadFrog

And, DTV just announced a price increase for January. They are always raising prices and taking away channels. Plus, when it rains hard enough, you are paying for nothing. How hard is it to change channels on Youtube TV?

TCUMed

I went to YouTube TV 4 months ago from DirecTV and love it. I have most my TVs connected via Ethernet cable with a couple on WiFi and have never had issues. You get all the channels you want, the user interface is clean (takes like a day to get used to navigating if you’re used to Directv), the DVR is unlimited and can be accessed anywhere, you can set up multiple profiles and your guide and favorites are all customized to you and you can access everything on their app which is great. It’s also about half of what I was paying for Directv. I won’t ever go back

netty2424

I signed up for several streaming services 4 months ago to just get a feel for them.

YouTubeTV being the main one. I kept Directtv just in case.

My biggest issue with the streaming services, and maybe there’s a way, but I haven’t figured out how to channel surf while watching something, like how you can pull up the guide on dish or direct while continuing to watch.

Minor issue, just kind of annoying. And it takes a bit to change from one show/game to another. Definitely some lag time, not very seamless.

Wexahu

I went to YouTube TV 4 months ago from DirecTV and love it. I have most my TVs connected via Ethernet cable with a couple on WiFi and have never had issues. You get all the channels you want, the user interface is clean (takes like a day to get used to navigating if you’re used to Directv), the DVR is unlimited and can be accessed anywhere, you can set up multiple profiles and your guide and favorites are all customized to you and you can access everything on their app which is great. It’s also about half of what I was paying for Directv. I won’t ever go back

Subtle humblebrag. Well played. ;)

Shorty

My wife has been bitching about missing the Bachelorette but I haven't been personally bothered until now. I've been wanting to make the switch to streaming but it seems like there is always disputes between provider and networks regardless. I don't watch much TV other than sports but FSSW seems to be a problem with some of the streaming options.

Wexahu

I signed up for several streaming services 4 months ago to just get a feel for them.

YouTubeTV being the main one. I kept Directtv just in case.

My biggest issue with the streaming services, and maybe there’s a way, but I haven’t figured out how to channel surf while watching something, like how you can pull up the guide on dish or direct while continuing to watch.

Minor issue, just kind of annoying. And it takes a bit to change from one show/game to another. Definitely some lag time, not very seamless.

I've noticed that as well. Everything just isn't as quick. I'm guessing I'll just get out of the habit of changing channels as much if there isn't a way to fix that. At $70/month I think I can deal with that inconvenience.

Another major benefit not mentioned here yet is the lack of equipment and wires. Literally just plug a TV into a wall and you are done.