• The KillerFrogs

Pro going pro

CountryFrog

Anyone have a sense of his draft prospects? I’m so unplugged from the NFL to even guess.
Not that he's a 1st round pick, but I'm sure it'll be a lot like Reagor. If just looking at his college production then he's basically undraftable. But then when you watch him play then you see a lot of physical tools that translate to the NFL so someone will fall in love with those physical tools and pull the trigger.

If I had to guess then I'd say he's a 5th or 6th round pick. That's my totally uninformed opinion and not based on anything that I've seen anywhere else. Obviously a lot of it depends on the other TE's in the draft and how good they all are comparatively but I won't pretend to know about all of them.

Eight

Not that he's a 1st round pick, but I'm sure it'll be a lot like Reagor. If just looking at his college production then he's basically undraftable. But then when you watch him play then you see a lot of physical tools that translate to the NFL so someone will fall in love with those physical tools and pull the trigger.

If I had to guess then I'd say he's a 5th or 6th round pick. That's my totally uninformed opinion and not based on anything that I've seen anywhere else. Obviously a lot of it depends on the other TE's in the draft and how good they all are comparatively but I won't pretend to know about all of them.

agree that his draft path might be very similar to reagor's last year.

doubt pro gets a combine invite which would place a premium on his individual work out and i would guess a big part of that would be pro showing the ability to run routes and catch the ball.

the horse is long dead on this, but there isn't a great deal of film on what pro can do being moved around in an offense, isolated on a defender etc.. which i think is where his appeal could be to the right team in the nfl.

think pro projects to a kelsey type of tight end versus the traditional end of the line gronk tight end, but we are seeing more and more teams in the nfl work these individual match ups which might be a long shot based upon his time at tcu, but as we know with reagor it only takes one team so wish him the best.

East Coast

Tier 1
He is obviously very talented and the best pass catching TE I can remember at TE. Not sure when he will go but I expect him to be a better pro than a college player.
Shea Reagon and a long time ago Kelly Blackwell. Both of those were more traditional TE's. Pro has a chance as he is far more athletic, IMO. Best of luck to him.

OICU812

I believe he has a good chance to be much more in NFL than what he was allowed to be here. Agree that it's hard to project because of limited opportunities here, so wonder how big of a learning curve in terms of route running and blocking.

But I think his value is, and he has shown it often enough- that he can be that guy who finds the soft spots between coverages, especially when the primary target doesn't come open. He also seems very good at positioning his body where the qb can throw with confidence to a spot knowing either he will catch it or nobody will. That's especially valuable now you have so many mobile NFL QBs who can extend plays waiting for an open target.

Have to say, it's kinda weird, Sonny being a Leach disciple and all, with how many really productive TEs came through TT around his time there that we don't make them more of a priority.

Eight

I believe he has a good chance to be much more in NFL than what he was allowed to be here. Agree that it's hard to project because of limited opportunities here, so wonder how big of a learning curve in terms of route running and blocking.

But I think his value is, and he has shown it often enough- that he can be that guy who finds the soft spots between coverages, especially when the primary target doesn't come open. He also seems very good at positioning his body where the qb can throw with confidence to a spot knowing either he will catch it or nobody will. That's especially valuable now you have so many mobile NFL QBs who can extend plays waiting for an open target.

Have to say, it's kinda weird, Sonny being a Leach disciple and all, with how many really productive TEs came through TT around his time there that we don't make them more of a priority.

will be very, very interesting to see what they do with rogers in the offense. he is similar to pro in that he is more of a flex/ hybrid tight end and not a traditional tight end .

always wanted to see them line pro up on a wing or in the back field and motion him out trying to isolate a safety or a linebacker, but that door has closed and hoping the next door with rogetr is swung wide open on the offensive side of the ball.

Last edited:

OICU812

will be very, very interesting to see what they do with rogers in the offense. he is similar to pro in that he is more of a flex/ hybrid tight end and not a traditional tight end .

always wanted to see them line pro up on a wing or in the back field and motion him out trying to isolate a safety or a linebacker, but that door has closed and hoping the next door with rogetr is swung wide open on the offensive side of the ball.

Haven't seen Rogers film yet but if he's like Pro, seems like a pretty lethal short yardage combination to have him in there with QJ to be able to block and/or catch a jump ball. We should have an insane number of really high-level weapons for Max next year if Rogers is ready to go.

Eight

Haven't seen Rogers film yet but if he's like Pro, seems like a pretty lethal short yardage combination to have him in there with QJ to be able to block and/or catch a jump ball. We should have an insane number of really high-level weapons for Max next year if Rogers is ready to go.

here you go and if you go on the huskie recruiting sites you can get a pretty good review of what he brings to the table

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4679998/DJ-Rogers

Eight

Yeah IDK if any of that translates since he was obviously playing against Jr. High kids, lol. What is he, like 6'14"?

based on what i have been told by brother-in-law and wife's nephew who played on skyline's first state title team that level of competition isn't exactly skyline or bellvue in the seattle area or say the trinity league in so cal or the catholic league in new orleans