• The KillerFrogs

TCU OSU thread

CountryFrog

The shooting was atrocious for the most part by OSU. I’m annoyed at all these guys (Fultz, Simmons, Edwards, Cunningham) who are going to garbage schools
I actually wonder whether or not it's even in the best interest of some of these middle of the pack P5 schools to take the one and dones. They're all good players of course but you're only getting them for one year. And if you don't have other good players around them then those guys just end up trying to carry the team and they're usually not ready for that as 19 year olds. So you're totally stunting the growth of the guys who have actually been in your program and will continue to be in your program just to cater to this one big time player who will ultimately have very little real long term impact.

Unless you've got a real team around guys like that then it doesn't seem like they actually do much to help you win as evidenced by your examples. We'll see how it works for OSU this year.

wilson912

You are not the only one who is happy to see this style of play. There were several people that 'encouraged' him to play this way. He's pretty resistant to change and sometimes needs to see the data to get on board.

Skip, who do you think has the most influence on Jamie? Great commentary tonight Skip.

Francis Xavier

I wasn't able to watch most of the game so I can neither confirm nor deny the comments about the announcers. But I do agree with the fact that Cunningham is basically wasted at OSU. They have no shooters around him and I think their coach may be the worst in the B12.
In a way its cool to see them other places than blue bloods but yeah. Knowing they werent going to the tourney really made it a head scratcher but good for him.

Rose Bowl

A very surprising victory for sure but a win is a win. Outside of the turnovers I thought we played very well. We must get better handling the ball if we want to win games in this conference. Our best player made a shot at the end and that’s what you want. I still don’t understand why we decided to slow the game down when we were playing really well.

CountryFrog

In a way its cool to see them other places than blue bloods but yeah. Knowing they werent going to the tourney really made it a head scratcher but good for him.
Yea I'm not against him or any of these players going wherever they want. But I don't know what good it will ultimately do him or OSU to spend a year in Stillwater. But if he likes it there and is enjoying his college experience then that may be more important for him than how many games they win.

CountryFrog

Skip, who do you think has the most influence on Jamie? Great commentary tonight Skip.
I think it's TCUManiac. We all saw what his reverse jinx did to spark the team in this game thread. Maniac's insight into not just basketball matters but also attendance related issues is invaluable to both Dixon and Donati who comparatively know very little about basketball and college athletics.

PurpleBlood87

That was the worst announcing I may have ever heard. They spent at least 30% of their time taking about DFW basketball players or Cade Cunningham. Probably closer to 50%. They literally would ignore the game for multiple possessions and half the time they screwed up the call anyways.

Good game. TCU would be a top 10 team with someone like Cunningham, he’s wasted at Oky State.

They weren't good and I got the feeling even though Fran knows better, he kept making it sound like TCU was located in Dallas.

Also, it was probably tough to call the game from remote locations.

froginmn

I think it's TCUManiac. We all saw what his reverse jinx did to spark the team in this game thread. Maniac's insight into not just basketball matters but also attendance related issues is invaluable to both Dixon and Donati who comparatively know very little about basketball and college athletics.
Was it really a reverse jinx, though, or a standard jinx with a reverse purpose?

Inquiring minds want to know

Froglaw

It aged just as I hoped it would. Sometimes you just gotta throw out a reverse jinx. Thankful it worked. And that Kevin made his free throws. And that RJ made that jumper.

Maniac, never at a loss for words!

TCU needs 10,000 more Maniacs in the stands starting next year.

Go Frogs!

Moose Stuff

A very surprising victory for sure but a win is a win. Outside of the turnovers I thought we played very well. We must get better handling the ball if we want to win games in this conference. Our best player made a shot at the end and that’s what you want. I still don’t understand why we decided to slow the game down when we were playing really well.

I would assume Farabello being out plays in a role in the ball handling issues.

Eight

obviously the frogs need to take better care of the basketball and with no real 4 in the near future they are going to have to do a better job as a team on the defensive glass, but a number of good things coming out of that game

kevin gave a good performance on both ends and shows why the frogs need him activate on the defensive end and the value he can bring on the offensive end

miles continues to show he can not only contribute but lead at this level and i am so glad we are seeing a player get a chance to play regardless of his age

rj seemed very comfortable in the offense when he had the ball in his hands and when he was moving without the ball.

the game winning shot was a great example of his maturation as it wasn't rushed, he didn't force the three, and the fake, dribble and elbow jumper looked very natural

PO Frog

PJ needs to work on his fake and dribble drive. Shuffles his feet every time and I’ll be damned if the zebras have ever let it slide even once.

Pharm Frog

Main thing is we won a close game on the road, something we have had a hard time doing even at home. Great defense on osu's final possession.

I agree with this. Winning games is infectious. Losing them is the same. Something I liked was that we showed that we had a strategy in the last few minutes. High pick or show and try to go over-the-top to KS. It wasn’t some kind of panic playground chaos. Personally I’m dubious that strategy will work consistently in similar situations because I’m not sure how often we’ll want to trust KS to make both of his free throws. But it showed to me that we had a strategic approach and were willing to work it.

Delray Frog

This is still a young team and I think they will get better and better as they get used to the rotations and playing with each other. They still haven't had much practice time together. If Jamie can keep the core of the team together, they could be really tough in the next year or two. In the meantime, I think they will be very competitive and a very enjoyable group to watch!