• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Carousel 2020/21

OICU812

I don’t think “sons-in-laws” is proper.
I think “sons-in-law” seems like it would be most accurate, but I think most people would choose to say “son-in-laws”.
I comment because I don’t really know which one is best.
I can’t think of any reason to say “sons-in-laws”
If it is proper, it just seems awkward.

Musta not grown up on John byGod Wayne movies like I did. The Sons-In-Laws of Katie Elder was a classic.

OmniscienceFrog

I don’t think “sons-in-laws” is proper.
I think “sons-in-law” seems like it would be most accurate, but I think most people would choose to say “son-in-laws”.
I comment because I don’t really know which one is best.
I can’t think of any reason to say “sons-in-laws”
If it is proper, it just seems awkward.
Well, sons-in-law might not be proper, but it's right.

OmniscienceFrog

Musta not grown up on John byGod Wayne movies like I did. The Sons-In-Laws of Katie Elder was a classic.
I think it woulda havta've been The Daughters-In-Law of Katie Elder, but since there weren't any you never woulda had a movie to begin with.

On second thought, in this day and age perhaps you could have had the Sons-In-Law of Katie Elder if the four of them swung that way.

OICU812

Nice article on Matt Campbell's backstory. Sounds like his success is well-earned. I have no idea whether he's ready to jump, or if he'd want any part of the drama queens in Austin, but I'd be surprised if Del isn't making an attempt to at least open discussions.

Humble start leads to Campbell's historic season at Iowa St

Campbell's contract runs through 2025, and he was scheduled to earn $3.7 million this year before salary cuts tied to the COVID-19 pandemic lowered his pay to $3.45 million.

Pollard said he blocks out ongoing chatter about Campbell eventually leaving for a more prestigious job.

''Matt does not have an agent, so you don't have somebody out there shopping him, which is nice,'' Pollard said. ''Matt and I have always talked openly. I know what his ambitions are and what they're not. He knows that we are in this together and at the point something comes available that may interest him, I'm going to be his biggest ally.''

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/humble...historic-season-iowa-st-233421891--ncaaf.html

Skip Jansen

Unbelievable. $21.45 million. I'd retire if I were him. Who needs the aggravation.

Auburn has been known for making bad decisions. They have several meddling boosters that are more interested in access than the well being of the program.

They will hire someone who gives them that and then have to make another hire in 3-4 years because this one didn't work out.

Planks

Auburn has been known for making bad decisions. They have several meddling boosters that are more interested in access than the well being of the program.

They will hire someone who gives them that and then have to make another hire in 3-4 years because this one didn't work out.

Admittedly, their bitter rival experiencing near unprecedented success for the last 10 years has likely completely clouded the judgement of the fans and boosters. If Alabama doesn’t win 5 National Titles under Nick Saban, the Gus doesn’t get fired.

If Baylor had won 5 recent national titles, then Patterson’s seat at TCU would be considerably warmer right now.

Eight

Admittedly, their bitter rival experiencing near unprecedented success for the last 10 years has likely completely clouded the judgement of the fans and boosters. If Alabama doesn’t win 5 National Titles under Nick Saban, the Gus doesn’t get fired.

If Baylor had won 5 recent national titles, then Patterson’s seat at TCU would be considerably warmer right now.

if baylor won 5 national titles gary's job would be the least of my concerns as basically we would be living in hell on earth

Frog-in-law1995

if baylor won 5 national titles gary's job would be the least of my concerns as basically we would be living in hell on earth

1g1o85.gif

Skip Jansen

I agree with this. I thought they would probably stick with Gus until Saban retires. Also, he was 3-5 vs. Bama (better than any other SEC coach). So, it hasn't been a total disaster.

Again, expectations can be a little unrealistic.

Fosterpark Squatter

Probably why Kevin Steele's name is coming up

Skip Jansen

One note on Mario Cristobal.

Apparently, the Auburn interest has pushed the Oregon administration to move forward with a new extension. It is rumored to be around 6 million/year.

Now, they are getting push back from the social justice community, who are saying that it is inappropriate to do that in a pandemic. This could get interesting.

Skip Jansen

how bad could steele possibly be in that job right?

sure he has learned quite a bit since his tenure in waco

He would probably do fine. I'm sure he could hire a good staff. But... when they spend 21 million on a buyout, the fan base wants to see an obvious upgrade. Hiring someone that was on the fired coach's staff, seems to be status quo.