• The KillerFrogs

Signing Day Thread

Eight

Terrible way to look at it. Go based on average recruit ranking (4th, might move up to 3rd) - We didn't need as many overall recruits as rest of conference...

tenor.gif

Froggish

if my math is right these signings place the frogs at 79 scholarship juniors, sophomores, freshmen, and 2021 signees.

that includes trevon and pro returning and i didn't include any seniors returning for one more season

any thoughts where people think the frogs will look to add to the roster. my preference would be a couple of interior offensive linemen who can compete next year and i would be open to a transfer defensive tackle

We could still use a vet WR and OT for sure. Probably 1 LB and DE

Eight

We could still use a vet WR and OT for sure. Probably 1 LB and DE

a starter at ot would be really, really nice, don't see a transfer working well at lb in gary's defense, a de who could provide depth would be really nice as well as a tight end now that i think of it.

Wexahu

a starter at ot would be really, really nice, don't see a transfer working well at lb in gary's defense, a de who could provide depth would be really nice as well as a tight end now that i think of it.

I guess I don't see the huge need at OL like you see. We'll have Lanz, Avila, McMillon, and Coker back, who all have quite a bit of experience. And then about 7-8 other guys who will at least have 1-2 years in the program. Unless we've just completely whiffed in recruiting that would seem to give us quite a few options. And that is assuming Storment does not come back.

I think depth at QB and DL (moreso DE though) are MUCH bigger issues for next year.

JockO de Frog

Agree on the T.E. Even though we landed two with Lott and Rogers, it would be nice to have a seasoned transfer that can step in. Word is that Pro won't return. (Three years ago did you ever think we would be excited and desire three T.E.s in a class!)

Eight

I guess I don't see the huge need at OL like you see. We'll have Lanz, Avila, McMillon, and Coker back, who all have quite a bit of experience. And then about 7-8 other guys who will at least have 1-2 years in the program. Unless we've just completely whiffed in recruiting that would seem to give us quite a few options. And that is assuming Storment does not come back.

I think depth at QB and DL (moreso DE though) are MUCH bigger issues for next year.

my issue on the interior offensive line is two fold.

first, lanz and harris both have had a series of injuries since they have been on campus which has hurt their playing time. wes has shown he can be effective when he plays, but not sure if the frogs can depend on his being healthy similar to daniels at corner.

after those two the frogs have barlow and hayes plus the new recruit from kansas at guard. center neither mcmillon or avila really made the position their's and that takes me to the second point.

if you can't move the defensive line in the middle in the run game and hold the center in pass blocking things start to get really tough doing much on offense. even last week with all the yards the frogs gained on the ground in short yardage situations the frogs struggled to move la tech and it goes back to the ultimate goal for next year.

if the goal for next year is 7-8 wins we look to be solid, but if the goal is to compete to make the conference title game the frogs have to strengthen the weakest part of the offense and that to me was the interior line.

a challenger at quarterback would be great as well as a productive defensive end. if the frogs do have 6-7 scholarships to play with i think you can go get a grad transfer qb & de and still have room to go get 1-2 interior offensive linemen, but the key for all of these is they must be the type of players who can truly contribute and not merely take a roster spot