• The KillerFrogs

The Coolest Helmet Designs For Every College And NFL Team

Limp Lizard

For you folks who did not get the movie reference, I was referring to the Monster of the Id from Forbidden Planet.
http://idyllopuspress.com/idyllopus/film/images/shining/sh_tempest2.jpg
sh_tempest2.jpg

sh_tempest2.jpg

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Forbidden Planet was back in his serious, leading man era. The funny Nielsen was basically the same character only with funny lines. The guy was a genius.
As a young geek, I went to various Sci-Fi conventions, and Forbidden Planet was always showing in a screening room somewhere. It was around the same time that Airplane! came out. Heh...

It just astounds me how the magic of restoration can bring such new life to old classics! The colors!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Forbidden Planet was back in his serious, leading man era. The funny Nielsen was basically the same character only with funny lines. The guy was a genius.

I always wondered about the young Anne Francis and the not too young Walter Pidgeon stranded alone together...

The year this all supposedly took place?

Limp Lizard

I always wondered about the young Anne Francis and the not too young Walter Pidgeon stranded alone together...

The year this all supposedly took place?

Hey, we all swore we would have flying cars by now. OTOH, handheld computers/phones and the internet? The electronics innovations have way outrun anything we imagined. GPS?
And what about the disintegration gun Neilson has? Sure make getting away with murder easier: "What body?"

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Hey, we all swore we would have flying cars by now. OTOH, handheld computers/phones and the internet? The electronics innovations have way outrun anything we imagined. GPS?
And what about the disintegration gun Neilson has? Sure make getting away with murder easier: "What body?"

So, you don’t have a flying car yet?

Gene Roddenberry thought up a lot of stuff for the original Star Trek such as flip phones, MRIs and apparently someone has even teleported an atom (not exactly moving Kirk from place to place, but still).

Last edited:

tcudoc

Aren’t flying cars basically small airplanes?
We have flying cars, they are just not safe enough, affordable, or easy enough to use for them to translate to being used by the average human without extensive training and they are very unforgiving.
Perhaps the technology used in drones will cause development of different ideas that could change that.

Atomic Frawg

Leslie Nielsen would sometimes do interviewers with a handheld fart sack. Right in the middle on the conversation he would squeeze it and keep a dead expression on his face, throwing the interviewers off their game. I think he did it in front of the Dalai Lama once. He said it cracked him up, as it did me.