• The KillerFrogs

The Cleveland Baseball Club

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Ya gotta admit, native peoples got the shaft in the most serious way. If having these teams rename their stupid nicknames something that isn’t a kick to the crotch, that seems like a good thing to me. Besides, it not like MLB or NFL is making them change. Seems like the marketplace is making it look like good business which is the way a free market is supposed to work.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Ya gotta admit, native peoples got the shaft in the most serious way. If having these teams rename their stupid nicknames something that isn’t a kick to the crotch, that seems like a good thing to me. Besides, it not like MLB or NFL is making them change. Seems like the marketplace is making it look like good business which is the way a free market is supposed to work.

They got got the shaft about as much as any other more primitive culture has gotten the shaft. That’s kind of how the world has worked since the dawn of time, probably starting with Cro-Magnon man falling by the way side. If it hadn’t been the English, French, Spanish, et al it would have been some other advanced Europeans. After all, scientists say Indians originated in Asia and took land in North, Central and South America. Perhaps they should pay reparations to the mastodons they slaughtered...

How long before white liberalism eliminates the plight of the native American Indian altogether from the memory of Americans? 2, 3 generations?

ShreveFrog

If you want a Chief Wahoo cap you might want to get it quickly. Snagged one for my son earlier today but the site I used is running out quickly.
Snagged a new one myself when this stuff heated up last summer. I sweat through another one on an adult league baseball team about 30 years ago. We all did. We were the Indians. Organized and led by our star player/manager/full blood proud American Indian.

Last edited:

ShreveFrog

Ya gotta admit, native peoples got the shaft in the most serious way. If having these teams rename their stupid nicknames something that isn’t a kick to the crotch, that seems like a good thing to me.

Yes we did. I'm the great, great grandson of an American Indian chief. And there's nothing stupid about taking the nickname of a revered people. Nothing offensive at all.

My great, great grandfather: http://genealogytrails.com/oka/delaware/MathiasSplitlog.html

Last edited:

Virginia Frog

My vote is for the Cleveland Rocks.

Big mascot like Korg from Thor Ragnarok and it’s ties in with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
"The heart of rock 'n' roll is in Cleveland..." Huey Lewis & The News

There was a guy in my dorm (mid '70s) who was from Cleveland and every time any Cleveland team was on TV (we had a TV room then youngsters - only the button-down rich kids had their own) he got there early and staked-out the channel before anyone else could get there (the protocol was we had to watch what was "on" unless everyone was i agreement to change the channel - then it was a popular vote.) He was always trying to sell us that Cleveland was a "great town." We all knew it was a sheethole and he was full of it.

Virginia Frog

Don't forget about USC. I'm offended that a college would endorse condoms.
A childhood friend of mine sent a couple of his kids to Taylor University in Indiana - a real "Christian" college - everyday chapel, off-campus church attendance on the weekends required, 2nd/3rd-base sex only, no vices and they are the TROJANS.

One of them was a men's soccer star there (later played some pro ball in Europe) and he said that being ironic (and in jest) some team members proudly referred to themselves (privately) as "The Condoms."