• The KillerFrogs

Other Games - Week 15

Chongo94

Y’all see that stuff about Utah State and their President? She done jumped right in it and in Utah of all places.
giphy.gif

Utah State Players Opt Out of Final Game Due to President’s Comments, Past Issues

https://watchstadium.com/utah-state...l-game-due-to-presidents-comments-12-11-2020/

Frog-in-law1995

Still haven’t seen anyone report what she said that was discriminatory. Given the way people today - particularly young people - seem to look for ways to be offended so that they can demonstrate their virtue by dramatically over-responding, I’ll reserve judgment of the USU President until more facts are known.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Still haven’t seen anyone report what she said that was discriminatory. Given the way people today - particularly young people - seem to look for ways to be offended so that they can demonstrate their virtue by dramatically over-responding, I’ll reserve judgment of the USU President until more facts are known.

This is from the espn article. Doesn't say exactly what her comments were....

During that videoconference, according to the Stadium report, Cockett purportedly voiced concerns about Maile's cultural and religious background. Maile, a Utah State graduate, is Polynesian and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He is also the Aggies' co-defensive coordinator and defensive line coach.

Chongo94

I haven’t either and that could be true. But if she said anything that could remotely be misconstrued about Mormons while living in Utah, I mean that’s just not smart period.