• The KillerFrogs

Ohio State and Michigan is Cancelled

Wexahu

This is terrible news. Very possible that aTm makes playoff now.

Our playoff will be two teams that have already played once (aTm vs Alabama) and teams that have played twice (Clemson vs ND). Only two conferences included

One thing for certain, whatever route they decide to go, there will be complaining and virtually nobody will be happy (other than the fan bases of the four teams).

Next teams in line after A&M are Florida, Cincinnati, Georgia, Iowa State and Miami, which one do you pick if it's not OSU? I suppose most people would say Cincinnati. I'd be fine with that, but I also don't think Cincy has a chance in hell of beating Alabama. And then if they get blown out, there will be a bunch of people complaining why a team with zero wins vs. P5 schools made the playoffs.

Obviously, it's a mess.

jake102

One thing for certain, whatever route they decide to go, there will be complaining and virtually nobody will be happy (other than the fan bases of the four teams).

Next teams in line after A&M are Florida, Cincinnati, Georgia, Iowa State and Miami, which one do you pick if it's not OSU? I suppose most people would say Cincinnati. I'd be fine with that, but I also don't think Cincy has a chance in hell of beating Alabama. And then if they get blown out, there will be a bunch of people complaining why a team with zero wins vs. P5 schools made the playoffs.

Obviously, it's a mess.

I hope Cincy gets a chance. I agree they will get beat by 50 by Alabama, but aTm has already done that. I can already see the committee putting in aTm and putting them at #3 after Clemson beats ND. #1 Alabama, #2 Clemson, #3 aTm, #4 ND

Zubaz

I am fairly sure they will change the rules to allow Ohio State in to the conference title game. I actually kinda hope they do. Ohio State as it stands right now would be in the playoff, simply by being undefeated regardless of how many games they've seen cancelled. At least this way there's a chance they lose, and if they win they can have a conference title to validate their already-sure selection. Yeah it would kinda be unfair to Indiana but...Ohio State already beat Indiana so they can't get that upset.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

ACC Champ
SEC Champ
Big12 Champ
Cincinnati if they win out or highest ranked remaining from ACC, SEC, or Big12.

PAC and B1G chose not to play early enough. See you next year...maybe.

Kinda funny you included the Big 12 in that “next highest ranked” qualifier for the 4th spot.

Wexahu

Big10 commissioner is sweating bullets right now. If his total baffoon bumbling of this entire situation results in Ohio State (clearly a top 4 team) getting booted from B10 CCG and also the playoff, his job is probably gone. What a moron

What I'm rooting for, but somehow I think they are going to find a way to get OSU another game.

Not to get on a COVID tangent, but all these games being cancelled/postponed or whatever you want to call it isn't keeping anyone safer. Just play. Kids that are not feeling well or have symptoms, don't play. Ohio State not playing Michigan this week isn't helping anything, these kids are all going to be out and about on campus doing what they do.

What has there been, like one hospitalization among the hundreds and hundreds, or heck, even thousands of college football players who have been exposed to the virus?