• The KillerFrogs

What are your favorite TCU favorite regular season victories?

Bob Sugar

On other boards I've started thread topics on the theme of "most important game for your program that you team wasn't actually playing in." Boise vs Nevada will forever be TCU's biggest/ most important game in that category. It's crazy to think but I've said before, Collin Kaepernick is the biggest indirect reason we got to play in the Rose Bowl and perhaps ever join the big12.

Yeah I remember that New Mexico game, but even more so I remember the close call against SDSU the week before. They almost completely spoiled our dream season.
I think you could throw in UT-Nebraska in '09. Ultimately UT was given the extra second and eked out the win, but TCU was that 0:01 from likely playing for the title against Bama. Sure, some say Cincinnati would have gotten the nod, but from what I recall TCU stood more to benefit in the computers and would have passed Cincinnati.

RufeBruton

Oct ‘69: Frogs beat Aggie’s, 16-6. Our first win of the season. My first chance to see the Frogs win. Memorable to see the Corps of Cadets march into the stadium and for the SigEp pledges carry a sign around the stadium that had an apple with a worm coming out of it. The sign’s text was, “The Corps is full of worms”. The Ags certainly enjoyed it.

Big Frog II

Oct ‘69: Frogs beat Aggie’s, 16-6. Our first win of the season. My first chance to see the Frogs win. Memorable to see the Corps of Cadets march into the stadium and for the SigEp pledges carry a sign around the stadium that had an apple with a worm coming out of it. The sign’s text was, “The Corps is full of worms”. The Ags certainly enjoyed it.
I remember that game. Thought we were going to have a riot on our hands.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I think you could throw in UT-Nebraska in '09. Ultimately UT was given the extra second and eked out the win, but TCU was that 0:01 from likely playing for the title against Bama. Sure, some say Cincinnati would have gotten the nod, but from what I recall TCU stood more to benefit in the computers and would have passed Cincinnati.
...And, from that moment on, Bo Pelini was never quite the same.

Paul in uhh

Yup, UNM was THE worst team in FBS that year too. We went up early with two quick scores where New Mexico didn't cover Hicks and then James. I don't mean busted coverage either, I mean "New Mexico literally didn't put a guy on him" and Andy had to subtlely change the play each time. Dalton then got knocked out of that game with an elbow injury I believe. THAT was a scary. We put Yogi Gallegos out there for a few plays, then Casey came in and, I don't wanna say New Mexico made a comeback, but got it to something like 31-17 at the half and everyone was remembering the week prior with a little bit of apprehension.

Then the second half happened and we just demolished them.
I’m very impressed at your recollection of this one.

Wog68

1967 at Texas when Bubba Thornton
returned a punt 78 yards for a TD, Cubby Hudler returned a punt 45 yards to set up a score, and Kenny Post ran for 2 TD's. Final score 24 - 17.

OmniscienceFrog

If I remember correctly, I don’t think the @Stanford game was on TV? Unless I forgot to pay the cable bill I remember huddled around the radio listening to it.
No, it wasn't on TV. That Stanford team really wasn't very good, but they had upset USC the previous week, so didn't know how it might go and sure enough we got way behind, but made a great comeback to win it.

CardFrog

Utah Home Game #3 vs #5. Best college football atmosphere I have ever experienced at the Carter, standing room only. Night game as well. And we destroyed them on national TV.

Spike

Yup, UNM was THE worst team in FBS that year too. We went up early with two quick scores where New Mexico didn't cover Hicks and then James. I don't mean busted coverage either, I mean "New Mexico literally didn't put a guy on him" and Andy had to subtlely change the play each time. Dalton then got knocked out of that game with an elbow injury I believe. THAT was a scary. We put Yogi Gallegos out there for a few plays, then Casey came in and, I don't wanna say New Mexico made a comeback, but got it to something like 31-17 at the half and everyone was remembering the week prior with a little bit of apprehension.

Then the second half happened and we just demolished them.

I remember GP let out several F bombs on live TV.