• The KillerFrogs

Art Briles and Texas Tech

Frogenstein

First let me state I don’t think Tech will hire Briles. But it probably wouldn’t hurt their recruiting if they did hire him. I get the feeling that any school that would bring in Briles would have no problem whatsoever countering any negative recruiting with large piles of cash going to recruits.

HG73

No there's no way that it will actually happen.

But IF it were going to happen then a historically losing program desperate for relevance in a backwoods region that revolves around its university would be the place it would happen. So Tech and just about any lower level SEC team would be the places that might consider him.
Arky, Miss. State, and Ky say hi.

Moose Stuff

Trying to connect politics to football is mostly dumb. However the loudmouth billionaire Tech donor spearheading this Briles talk also hosted a Trump rally in Midland that the Tech Chancellor and President attended this year.

So it's not surprising that he would advocate for hiring a rape enabling POS because he's a Trump supporting Republican.... what a scheissing beating you are.

OICU812

Texas A&M has looked great and have had top recruiting classes in which they are paying for the best athletes to go to A&M over national championship teams. Jimbo has a lot of pressure to get that title and it looks like A&M will do everything and anything to get one now. I think they will get a championship maybe not this year but not too far into the future. College Station protects A&M like Waco protects Baylor. So the dirty dealings are hard to find and prove when the whole area will do anything for A&Ms success.

I just don't see it happening. Not as long as Saban is at Bama and Clempson keeps doing what they do. If by fluke they actually wind up in CFP this year I'd expect them to get destroyed. Sun always rises in the East, Aggy always gonna Aggy.

Hemingway

Trying to connect politics to football is mostly dumb. However the loudmouth billionaire Tech donor spearheading this Briles talk also hosted a Trump rally in Midland that the Tech Chancellor and President attended this year.

That said, while I think Tech is one of the few power 5s whose fan bases would let the school get away with hiring him, Briles ain’t going to Lubbock. Even if that cow-[ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] raider rash desert is what he deserves. Same billionaire donor tried to call the shots when they fired Kingsbury and the AD told him to eat [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] then too. Now, if the AD suddenly takes another job somewhere else, look out, Tech co-eds.
I refuse to argue with someone that goes by the name “Dirtbag”

That said, while I think Tech is one of the few power 5s whose fan bases would let the school get away with hiring him, Briles ain’t going to Lubbock. Even if that cow-[ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] raider rash desert is what he deserves. Same billionaire donor tried to call the shots when they fired Kingsbury and the AD told him to eat [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] then too. Now, if the AD suddenly takes another job somewhere else, look out, Tech co-eds.
Is that donor the same one that gave the dumb-as-dirt, large-breasted hairdresser $1M for her congressional campaign?

Big Frog II

I don't believe any college would stick it's neck out and hire Briles. He couldn't even get hired as an assistant at Southern Miss.