• The KillerFrogs

Gary Patterson has lost his damned mind

CountryFrog

I understand this is a straw that broke the camel's back type of thing but as bad as the squib kick was it probably didn't elicit a fire the coach thread.

Worthy of criticism obviously.

back_in_black

Moderators
Be encouraged at middling performance. This is precisely what the administration is betting on because it’s the chosen path. The pyramid is an isosceles trapezoid. I’d prefer to choose a comparator that isn’t rock bottom.

Perspective would do you some good. We are young young young. It’s fair to question why that is. For whatever reason we had a couple classes that simply aren’t here anymore. Fair game to blame the coaches. But we are where we are and given how things were just a few weeks ago it’s really mind boggling to see people so critical after beating a ranked opponent. Plenty to improve upon but for God’s sake we should be celebrating. Today was a good day.

Pharm Frog

Perspective would do you some good. We are young young young. It’s fair to question why that is. For whatever reason we had a couple classes that simply aren’t here anymore. Fair game to blame the coaches. But we are where we are and given how things were just a few weeks ago it’s really mind boggling to see people so critical after beating a ranked opponent. Plenty to improve upon but for God’s sake we should be celebrating. Today was a good day.

I’m not being critical at all. 5-4 is better than 4-5. We’ve beaten the three worst teams in the conference and lost to the best two while splitting with the other middlers. This is who we are.

Endless Purple

What’s so negative about being critical of a coach who’s paid millions to make good in-game decisions? We are fans who are invested. We have a right to be critical of decisions that affect our team.

I don't know your postings specifically, but.. There is a big difference between being a self-empowered internet warrior who thinks they know more from internet postings than those that work day in and day out with the program vs critical discussion with insight and open thought. 90% of internet postings probably fit in the former.

back_in_black

Moderators
I’m not being critical at all. 5-4 is better than 4-5. We’ve beaten the three worst teams in the conference and lost to the best two while splitting with the other middlers. This is who we are.

And we’re young. Future is bright. These guys could’ve folded weeks ago. They could’ve folded today when down 13-0 and not a break was going their way. The only negative I see now is I doubt he replaces the OL coach who I want to see gone.

Moose Stuff

Well then you have no choice but admit Gary made some brilliant decisions today. Winning demonstrates that.

Which P5 college football program do you currently head?

So unless I'm a head coach of another P5 program I can't observe that calling back to back timeouts, a pathetic squib kick, and going into a passive prevent defense in the span of about 5 minutes was an embarrassing head coaching sequence??? Ignorant.