• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cowboys (too early edition)

Eight

You're entitled to your opinion. The play calling for most of the game was really solid IMO. I honestly think the QB play has been a bigger issue than the play calling for most of the year.

I saw Kill on the sideline last week too.

max reverted badly this game on the deep ball as he had a number of receivers open and didn't give them a chance to make a play on a number

biggest issue in the first half was the insistence on the screen plays that haven't worked all year. second half to me was much better though going deep on 3rd and shorts with max struggling on the deep ball was interesting.

Moose Stuff

max reverted badly this game on the deep ball as he had a number of receivers open and didn't give them a chance to make a play on a number

biggest issue in the first half was the insistence on the screen plays that haven't worked all year. second half to me was much better though going deep on 3rd and shorts with max struggling on the deep ball was interesting.

Reverted badly??? He hit on 4 deep balls today. I'm not sure he's hit on 4 all year before today.

denverfrog

I'm not giving Max a free pass on that. The OL actually hasn't been that bad since the first few weeks.
I still believe Max has been hurt, I have no inside knowledge, someone on the broadcast mentioned a wrist. But, he definitely looked better today. But, our Oline has been mostly acceptable for run blocking, weak on pass protection all year which takes away the down the field and double moves

Eight

Reverted badly??? He hit on 4 deep balls today. I'm not sure he's hit on 4 all year before today.

how many did he miss? frogs threw deep more than they have in any game, heck they had no mid range game today it seemed either a screen or deep and he missed a number of deep throws.

he finished the game 12 of 26 and it started from the first play when he had pro behind a defender and under threw the ball.

Moose Stuff

how many did he miss? frogs threw deep more than they have in any game, heck they had no mid range game today it seemed either a screen or deep and he missed a number of deep throws.

he finished the game 12 of 26 and it started from the first play when he had pro behind a defender and under threw the ball.
You wanna complain I'm not gonna stop you. Real bizarre take to say a guy that completes 4 deep balls today "reverted badly".

FBallFan123

Duggan is not very good on deep balls, but ...

He would be better if he had big target WR where he can throw it to an area.

Doctson was an area guy.

Maybe Duggan has found that with Johnston.

Mentioned earlier ... I like how Johnston creates space with his hands.

Not PI, just created a little opening.

Not saying he’s Doctson, but that’s something JD could do incredibly well.

Eight

He completed more deep balls today than he completed passes last week. Hard to understand how that constitutes regression.

he missed multiple receivers deep today and with the exception of the underthrown ball to pro on the frogs first offensive play the receiver didn't even have a chance to make a play on the ball.

that was the first time this year he has missed that badly deep and it was similar to 2019, hence my use of the word regression

Frog-in-law1995

he missed multiple receivers deep today and with the exception of the underthrown ball to pro on the frogs first offensive play the receiver didn't even have a chance to make a play on the ball.

that was the first time this year he has missed that badly deep and it was similar to 2019, hence my use of the word regression

I assume you also aren’t counting the catch barely out of bounds that was counted as an incompletion?