• The KillerFrogs

Sarah Fuller

berryfrog95

It was bull ship she squib kicked it.

95% of kickoffs are NOT squibbed, kick the muther luvin ball down the field, that would’ve been cool, but NO, she pussie footed it.....

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
If there was a fair competition for the job and she was the best, then there should be no problem. Otherwise it’s just a PR stunt. Lord knows Vandy has no other reasons for positive press.

it reminds me a bit of all the whining by the US women’s soccer team about the men who don’t win a much making more money. Simple solution. Let them play the men best of seven and if the win, they get to switch paychecks. They know they wouldn’t be competitive so they wouldn’t ever do it. Otherwise it’s like AA Frisco wanting major league money. See Dallas HS boys beating them.

https://usatodayhss.com/2017/the-fc-dallas-u-15-academy-team-beat-the-u-s-women-s-national-team-5-2

Last edited:

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Did they list her height and weight? Serious question.

Just height

SARAHFULLER
i

• CLASS
    Senior
  • HEIGHT
    6' 2"
  • BIRTHPLACE
    Wylie, TX
  • STATUS
    Active

HToady

So a team with zero wins and zero points against Mizzou has a two time all SEC girl soccer player they can peg to make a story for an otherwise obscure program.
She's supposed to kick extra points, but Vandy is so inept, they can't even get her in the game to do that.
But the head coach says let her kick off the second half and she promptly squibs it and runs off the field while losing 27 - 0.
Then the head coach gets fired 2 days later.
When Nick Saban pegs a girl to play for the Crimson Tide.....then it will be impressive and not a desperate attempt for attention.

PO Frog

So a team with zero wins and zero points against Mizzou has a two time all SEC girl soccer player they can peg to make a story for an otherwise obscure program.
She's supposed to kick extra points, but Vandy is so inept, they can't even get her in the game to do that.
But the head coach says let her kick off the second half and she promptly squibs it and runs off the field while losing 27 - 0.
Then the head coach gets fired 2 days later.
When Nick Saban pegs a girl to play for the Crimson Tide.....then it will be impressive and not a desperate attempt for attention.
Paging @phormer

JogginFrog

I thought the backstory per ESPN was interesting. Soccer team was practicing in the indoor football facility and the goaltenders practiced clearance kicks using the FG target. Fuller started at the 10 yard line and went back in 5-yard increments, hitting continuously up to the 45. That's 8 in a row, the last from 55 yards, albeit with a soccer ball. I could see that getting the attention of a special teams coach if all the placekickers were in Covid protocol.

But I felt bad that Katie Hnida (UNM) and April Goss (Kent State) were asked to provide rah-rah quotes on Fuller's behalf. Those girls (and a few others) played high school football and spent years putting in the work that many walk-on kickers do to earn an opportunity. Fuller's story is a novelty and should have been framed that way, not as "historic."

Given the novelty, her request to address the team at halftime was out of line, and the player-of-the-week award was ridiculous. Bob Sugar was right to point out deserving SEC special teams play that went unrecognized as a result.

Eight

We live in an age where awards are given to people who evoke emotional response, not to the most deserving. See Nobel peace prizes and movie/tv awards. I think the espys were started for that reason.

fixed it for you and i am waiting for mark jones to receive an award for courage in the face of adversity for his tweet about police and the subsequently replacing the play by play guy of the kings who was fired for saying all lives mattered

MAcFroggy

So, if a 6’ 10” basketball player for TCU wanted to play for the women’s volleyball team, he’d be playing right? I’m guessing not, because...?

Because men's volleyball is an available NCAA sport. TCU just does not sponsor that sport. He could potentially transfer to another school to play.