• The KillerFrogs

Sarah Fuller

FinanceFrog

you obviously didn't watch gonzaga v wvu or baylor v illinois last night because in two basketball games featuring 3 teams ranked in the top 10 and 1 team in the top 20 the espn broadcast crew found ways to mention her multiple times last night

i watched the Gonzaga game but missed their discussion - but I wouldn’t have minded them talking about it, and definitely wouldn’t have minded so much to complain on the internet about it.

Eight

i watched the Gonzaga game but missed their discussion - but I wouldn’t have minded them talking about it, and definitely wouldn’t have minded so much to complain on the internet about it.

curious, who do you consider as complaining in this thread and what do you consider worth discussing on a site geared towards discussion on the internet?

Eight

One time someone started a thread about specialty license plates.

51933D1F93531529B1C27B30816BA8F0F48782BF

Bob Sugar

i consume news based on what I’m interested in. I saw an article headline last week that vandy was starting a female kicker - didn’t care, didn’t click the article. the only other time i saw it was when ESPN cut in to show her kick - probably a 10 second clip. overall I’ve probably spent 15 seconds hearing about this - just isn’t a big thing.

if the media covers something I don’t care about then I don’t read it or watch it. It’s easy.
And yet here you are...

DelFrog

Like I said, the Larry Bird gif sums up perfectly Sarah Fuller being named the SEC Special Teams Player of the Week. Actual merit hardly means a damn thing anymore, gotta be socially conscious.
Unfortunately in the current wacky environment... your 'identity' is more important than your merit.

Chongo94

Do Travis Trucks and LVH only read the news a week after it occurs?

Edit: well I know neither actually read news news, you know what I mean.

Eight

i honestly thought she could have kicked that ball better. I bet Hope Solo could have blasted that ball a good 60 yards.

question, as a former competitive athlete (and possibly competing at the masters level now)

what were you thought on how this has been portrayed as a woman breaking down barriers when you saw her kick off and then running off the field

tcuwags

Would y'all think differently if you knew her parents and her brothers went to TCU? She did a cool thing. It's an experience. College is for trying new things. Building new experiences. Good for Sarah.

Eight

Didn't think so.

i think you misunderstand why i think what i do about the events.

from the outside it appears she did exactly what she was asked to do on the kick off. now, if she was nervous. mishit the ball, and that was the reason for the 20-yard kick that is very understandable.

if however, after all that had been said and done prior to the game, vandy asked her to do that on the kick off the question is why?

if it was to protect her then don't put her on the field if you think she is in danger and if you did it simply for the "event' factor that she is no different than the blind long snapper at usc which means it was a contrived event.

additionally, espn has gone on and on about it after the fact as if she was a marathon runner who ran in the open field against the men and won.

no knock on her, she did what she was asked, but a woman had kicked in a d-1 game before and had scored in a live, real situation

not sure why her having tcu connections would change those thoughts as i am not judging her the person, but the way vandy involved her in the game, and how espn has covered it before, during and after