• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs LaTech 12/12 at 6pm

Virginia Frog

Beware those "pretty underwhelming opponents." Some of us are old enough to remember Sept 22, 2001. New coach at TCU. Frogs favored by 17. Final score: Northwestern State Demons (Louisiana) 27, Texas Christian 24. That underwhelming opponent turned out to be overwhelming.
Remember we were scheduled to play the Marshall Thundering Herd the Sat after 9-11. At the time Coach Bob Pruitt had a very good program - and the game was never re-scheduled. That game likely would have been an L too. (At the Mobile/GMAC Bowl that season they played EastCarolina and won 64-61 in double OT. - They were down 38-8 at the half. In the end it was record total score in a bowl game.)

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

La Tech had their best OL opt out and grad transfer to Michigan earlier this season....a name recruiting junkies will recognize. Willie Allen. Dude was almost a Frog at least twice.

La Tech's center Kody Russey is on the Rimington Trophy watch list. So he's pretty good.

Punter1

La Tech's center Kody Russey is on the Rimington Trophy watch list. So he's pretty good.

That list literally has 80+ players on it...you basically just have to be a returning starter at a non Power 5 school or a starter at a Power 5 school...and you're included.

Not saying La Tech's center isn't any good...just saying this list has nothing to do with being a good player. K Hollins was on the list for us in 2018.

https://www.rimingtontrophy.com/watchlist/

That list literally has 80+ players on it...you basically just have to be a returning starter at a non Power 5 school or a starter at a Power 5 school...and you're included.

Not saying La Tech's center isn't any good...just saying this list has nothing to do with being a good player. K Hollins was on the list for us in 2018.

https://www.rimingtontrophy.com/watchlist/

You just shot holes into his theory.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Beware those "pretty underwhelming opponents." Some of us are old enough to remember Sept 22, 2001. New coach at TCU. Frogs favored by 17. Final score: Northwestern State Demons (Louisiana) 27, Texas Christian 24. That underwhelming opponent turned out to be overwhelming.
I was there.

ShreveFrog

Army is coming to Shreveport for the Independence Bowl. A game between us and Navy would run by swiftly. Would rather beat SMU.

TCU_backer

I don’t give two [ Finebaum ]s about SMU. I don’t understand the fascination playing these guys. I would be happy to never play them again. I’d rather rotate through some of our old foes in the Mountain West, al la Colorado State and others.