• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Oklahoma State Zoom

Eight

How does the spring/fall situation explain the lack of improvement 12 weeks into the season?

tenor.gif

CountryFrog

How does the spring/fall situation explain the lack of improvement 12 weeks into the season?
It definitely plays a part. There's only so much learning you can do in season and strength and conditioning will suffer without organized off-season workouts.

Of course every team is in the same boat so while it is a legitimate reason for some things not happening as planned it certainly can't be used as an excuse for losing games.

The problem then becomes for all of us who want to see changes that not only is there this whole COVID thing to fall back on as an excuse but Gary will also be able to point to one more (maybe two more?) conference wins this year as an actual improvement in spite of all the difficulties. Even though all of us can see that very little is actually different this season from the previous two.

Wexahu

I know it's super fun to make fun of GP for not knowing what's going on with the offense and there's obviously some degree of truth in that. But not knowing who our starting RB will be in any given game is way down toward the bottom of the list of things that anyone should care about. The way we rotate at that position it really makes absolutely no difference who the starter is and probably is just a matter of which personnel package, formation, and play that the offensive triumvirate want to start with.

Now if you want to find something about that position to actually be upset about then I'd say the fact that the coaches still haven't picked a couple guys to give the bulk of the touches to would be a real complaint. But as it currently is then there's really no more of a need for Gary to know pregame who the RB will be for the first play as there is for him to know who the RB will be for the 26th play.

The RB situation is a tough one. We gotta pick a couple guys to ride with and it seems like Evans/Barlow is who most people want, but damn, Miller looks like the kind of kid that could be an absolute stud, just seems to have a little more upside potential than Barlow because of his size. I'd hate to have him start riding the pine and then transfer. I guess Foster has a long road back to get PT but even he looked pretty good.

It'd be nice if we could magically turn one or two into a left tackle or DE.

CountryFrog

The RB situation is a tough one. We gotta pick a couple guys to ride with and it seems like Evans/Barlow is who most people want, but damn, Miller looks like the kind of kid that could be an absolute stud, just seems to have a little more upside potential than Barlow because of his size. I'd hate to have him start riding the pine and then transfer. I guess Foster has a long road back to get PT but even he looked pretty good.

It'd be nice if we could magically turn one or two into a left tackle or DE.
At least one of those four is going to transfer out I would think. Imo we're basically wasting them all right now trying to get them all a handful of carries every game without allowing any of them to actually get into any kind of rhythm. Pick a couple and live with what the others decide to do but the current strategy isn't helping anyone I don't think.

4 Oaks Frog

At least one of those four is going to transfer out I would think. Imo we're basically wasting them all right now trying to get them all a handful of carries every game without allowing any of them to actually get into any kind of rhythm. Pick a couple and live with what the others decide to do but the current strategy isn't helping anyone I don't think.
With Evans reaching the century mark on so few carries, wonder how many yards he could have racked up if he had had the bulk of the carries? He could have been over 200 yards...
GO FROGS!
BEAT OKIE LITE!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

Pondering....having to rely on a basically one dimensional offense is a perilous endeavor

and would only be considered if other alternatives were inadequate. Has this season's

inability to produce an effective aerial offense been a talent issue or simply the result of

an injury?

Froggish

It definitely plays a part. There's only so much learning you can do in season and strength and conditioning will suffer without organized off-season workouts.

Of course every team is in the same boat so while it is a legitimate reason for some things not happening as planned it certainly can't be used as an excuse for losing games.

The problem then becomes for all of us who want to see changes that not only is there this whole COVID thing to fall back on as an excuse but Gary will also be able to point to one more (maybe two more?) conference wins this year as an actual improvement in spite of all the difficulties. Even though all of us can see that very little is actually different this season from the previous two.

I have no doubt it plays a roll. I’m fascinated by what GP sees that literally nobody else in the country can see. There isn’t a soul in all of football, both expert or fan, that could say with a straight face TCU has its “offensive” house in order. I’m certain that things go on behind the scenes that we aren’t aware of, but I forever struggle to find a logical explanation for never being willing to move on from underperforming coaches. If every personnel issue is so personal that you lose all objectivity, than at some point you’re willingly choosing your own comfort over the greater good of the enterprise.

My fear is that GP has lost all objectivity.

CountryFrog

I have no doubt it plays a roll. I’m fascinated by what GP sees that literally nobody else in the country can see. There isn’t a soul in all of football, both expert or fan, that could say with a straight face TCU has its “offensive” house in order. I’m certain that things go on behind the scenes that we aren’t aware of, but I forever struggle to find a logical explanation for never being willing to move on from underperforming coaches. If every personnel issue is so personal that you lose all objectivity, than at some point you’re willingly choosing your own comfort over the greater good of the enterprise.

My fear is that GP has lost all objectivity.
On the bright side though all of that does lead to so many great message board debates.