• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Oklahoma State Zoom

don

We wanted to get to 9 games and we got to 9 games. Besides hiccup with game early.

Very athletic on both sides of ball. Good to be at home. Quick turnover from getting home late from Kansas. Good thing is kids are out of school, easier to get treatments to players. Like bowl season.

We may get back up to 14 guys this week. won't know until middle of week.

don

How different is this year? The one that is frustrating is close contact. You lose them for 14 days. Guy never gets it but still has to sit out. You always have X amount of injuries. If you get the flu, the kid will probably play on Saturday.

Dee Winters, had a great game vs Tech. Had flu. As we go forward, we will have better answers to all this stuff. Procedures are better now. More knowledgeable. Its definitely been interesting.

don

Evaluating season? Lets look at Max, missed month and half, two months in fall, missed spring. All the time he missed, couldn't lift or run. Where would he be if he had spring ball and fall practices.

There were times when we had 5 offensive linemen. Its not like we have free agency. They did a great job at Kansas. We got some backups in the 4th quarter.

Appreciate all that the kids have done and everyone else in the program.

don

Good year to not travel as much with Covid. 3 out of town hotels.

Evaluation - New coaching staff on offense? I don't think we had a chance to do what we wanted to do (with no spring). Lost starting QB for month and half.

Consider ourselves lucky. We found the issue with Max.

Think about Susan Nix and Dick Lowe that meant so much to our community. You can't go see them. Didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Been an interesting few months.

jake102

How different is this year? The one that is frustrating is close contact. You lose them for 14 days. Guy never gets it but still has to sit out. You always have X amount of injuries. If you get the flu, the kid will probably play on Saturday.

Dee Winters, had a great game vs Tech. Had flu. As we go forward, we will have better answers to all this stuff. Procedures are better now. More knowledgeable. Its definitely been interesting.

Interesting

don

They have really good players on offense. Can't focus on stopping one player. Got to see if we can slow them down.

Small senior class - what has Wallow meant to program? He's one of those guys you enjoy coaching. How hard he plays. How he deals with people, the type of person he is. incredible. you want a 100 Garret Wallows

Zach starting? I didn't know Zach started. I was more worried about Parchman. All those backs have been great. See who plays best in practice. Haven't asked why he was guy. You can't know everything about everything.

Zach did really well in class. That's why he chose TCU. wanted a place that was stable, that would care about him as a person. He needed structure in his life. We have tried to grow him up. He has gotten better every week. He was emotional guy Saturday, one of the leaders. Barlow is a really good RB. Future is very bright at tailback. When we get to spring, find ways to get 2 of them on field at same time.

Seniors coming back? Had conversations. Some will come back. By their choice and our choice. We have a chance to be a really good football team if we keep growing up.

Look forward to seeing you guys next week if we do have a 10th game.

*That's a wrap. Let's whack em.

jake102

Zach did really well in class. That's why he chose TCU. wanted a place that was stable, that would care about him as a person. He needed structure in his life. We have tried to grow him up. He has gotten better every week. He was emotional guy Saturday, one of the leaders. Barlow is a really good RB. Future is very bright at tailback. When we get to spring, find ways to get 2 of them on field at same time.

Seniors coming back? Had conversations. Some will come back. By their choice and our choice. We have a chance to be a really good football team if we keep growing up.

Good info. Thanks

Moose Stuff

They have really good players on offense. Can't focus on stopping one player. Got to see if we can slow them down.

Small senior class - what has Wallow meant to program? He's one of those guys you enjoy coaching. How hard he plays. How he deals with people, the type of person he is. incredible. you want a 100 Garret Wallows

Zach starting? I didn't know Zach started. I was more worried about Parchman. All those backs have been great. See who plays best in practice. Haven't asked why he was guy. You can't know everything about everything.

This is good stuff here.

Eight

think the comments about evans and school are a great selling point for the program and the school for kids who are making a very big jump in their life.

tcu is not a big college, but the campus and population is bigger than any high school in the state. compare that to most of the state schools and that jump is huge, especially for kids who really need that structure in their lives.

CountryFrog

I know it's super fun to make fun of GP for not knowing what's going on with the offense and there's obviously some degree of truth in that. But not knowing who our starting RB will be in any given game is way down toward the bottom of the list of things that anyone should care about. The way we rotate at that position it really makes absolutely no difference who the starter is and probably is just a matter of which personnel package, formation, and play that the offensive triumvirate want to start with.

Now if you want to find something about that position to actually be upset about then I'd say the fact that the coaches still haven't picked a couple guys to give the bulk of the touches to would be a real complaint. But as it currently is then there's really no more of a need for Gary to know pregame who the RB will be for the first play as there is for him to know who the RB will be for the 26th play.

CountryFrog

FWIW, I think these are all exaggerated. Maybe wildly.
I could be wrong but I thought it was pretty well documented that EVERYONE missed all of Spring due to COVID and that Max missed almost all of fall due to his heart condition.

I know your fallback is that Gary doesn't tell the truth about any of this stuff and that will probably make you right a lot more than you're wrong but I think Max's situation was pretty much as Gary described.