• The KillerFrogs

Dick Lowe has passed away....

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
He was truly one of the great stalwarts in the resurgence and restoration of TCU. Probably one of the fellows ol' Dan patterned Big Ed Bookman on for his books.

flyfishingfrog

This has been a terrible week for the TCU community and especially hard on the older group of alumni that grew up with those we lost...

Dick Lowe was just enough older than me that I called him Mr Lowe for decades even after he asked me to stop - he was the kind of man that always wanted to be called by his first name, but deserved to be called Mr Lowe.

As has been said - so much of what we have at TCU was because of his leadership and generosity

he will be missed in many ways and in every hallway on campus - Godspeed and Rest In Peace Mr Lowe.

I came across this last night.

Known as a direct, fearless and persistent negotiator, Lowe told Fort Worth Inc. in a 2016 interview he had a simple strategy for the times he went broke.

“Quit drinking, quit eating bad food, exercise rigorously, walk every day, think about nothing but making money,” he told the magazine. “The only stress I had was I was broke. I didn’t have other forces working against me. “People who go broke and start feeling sorry for themselves are screwed.”

https://fortworthinc.com/news/3-ways-to-give-and-save-on-taxes-this-holiday-season_1/