• The KillerFrogs

Coaching Carousel 2020/21

Paul in uhh

In reading Surlyhorns they have some of the same complaints we do.. especially in regards to offensive output and not letting your best players get the bulk of the touches

TCUWIN

What’s the chances that Shane Beamer leaves OU and takes the South Carolina job and Riley hires Cumbie to replace Beamer? Then Cumbie single handedly dismantles the Sooners’ offense. (I know that Riley would probably fire a coach that fails to adequately do his job, where Patterson has shown not to have that ability!)

Froggish

What’s the chances that Shane Beamer leaves OU and takes the South Carolina job and Riley hires Cumbie to replace Beamer? Then Cumbie single handedly dismantles the Sooners’ offense. (I know that Riley would probably fire a coach that fails to adequately do his job, where Patterson has shown not to have that ability!)

I think there’s a very good chance Shane Beamer get either the SC job or the VT job once Fuente is hired. Cumbie ending up in Norman would be hilarious. He wouldn’t have any impact on their offense though as that’s Riley’s baby through in through.

The conundrum for TCU fans is Cumbie isn’t a very good OC but he’s a good recruiter. If he ends up at another P5 next year it will because of his recruiting ability. Which means we have to replace him with another good recruiter. Outside of Kelly and Fitch we don’t have a next Gen recruiter.

Eight

With a reported $15 mil buyout in a Covid economy, they may give him another year, unless the big cigar boys want him gone now.

the buyout supposedly drops in a few days, but i think money won't be the issue

don't see cdc firing mensa without a successor in place and the big question is whether urban and his family want to get back into coaching and to texas if they truly are willing to embrace the baggage that urban brings with him

texas has liked to play the card that they don't need to cheat etc...like atm, ou, smu etc.....but that moral high ground is gone if they hire urban and as we have seen image and myth is more important in austin that actual results

TCUWIN

I think there’s a very good chance Shane Beamer get either the SC job or the VT job once Fuente is hired. Cumbie ending up in Norman would be hilarious. He wouldn’t have any impact on their offense though as that’s Riley’s baby through in through.

The conundrum for TCU fans is Cumbie isn’t a very good OC but he’s a good recruiter. If he ends up at another P5 next year it will because of his recruiting ability. Which means we have to replace him with another good recruiter. Outside of Kelly and Fitch we don’t have a next Gen recruiter.
Dang it...very good point.

Tumbleweed

Sonny C is a very good man and he is a very good recruiter. His demeanor is slow, good humor and smiling. You listen to him speak and you feel good and warm. Man, is that ever important to mom and dad. I have no idea what's in store for TCU! I don't feel all warm and cozy with Sonny in this position as OC. It is very possible in another system he'll be outs out. I don't feel all warm and cozy with Gary either. The symptoms are there for another meddie* oaker year. I just feel in three or four years, TCU will not be in a strong bargaining position when contract time rolls around. That's when I think about the thousands of people who have donated money to make this program special. Just look at ACS with one eye closed and you will see a magnificent facility, a great university with a fine reputation. I don't want to be ordinary, ...... mid pack.

Damn damn that covid

Moose Stuff

Sonny C is a very good man and he is a very good recruiter. His demeanor is slow, good humor and smiling. You listen to him speak and you feel good and warm. Man, is that ever important to mom and dad. I have no idea what's in store for TCU! I don't feel all warm and cozy with Sonny in this position as OC. It is very possible in another system he'll be outs out. I don't feel all warm and cozy with Gary either. The symptoms are there for another meddie* oaker year. I just feel in three or four years, TCU will not be in a strong bargaining position when contract time rolls around. That's when I think about the thousands of people who have donated money to make this program special. Just look at ACS with one eye closed and you will see a magnificent facility, a great university with a fine reputation. I don't want to be ordinary, ...... mid pack.

Damn damn that covid

COVID spared us from complaining about how atrocious our attendance would have been this year so there's that.