• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Kansas (Night Game Edition)

Was he there last year? I honestly don't remember. I thought he was hired after last season.
Yes he was here last year... PO’d GP at the end of the game by calling defensive time outs when the game was clearly over..GP instructed Cumbie to stop taking a knee and go score..and we did right at the end of the game..

Mean Purple

Great game. Balance. Line is playing better. Defense has tightened it up on the back end. Great to see us use the running game well.
Looks like we are headed to a bowl?

Also, we finished off a bottle of scotch and decorated the tree while watching the game. Nobody was injured this year. The offseason training really paid off.

Mean Purple

Sorry, no good notes on GP's post game with Brian on the TCU wrap up. The audio was a bit fuzzy at first. GP did mention how it was good to get one on the road, out of state. Mentioned how the players battled and how we actually had some offensive lineman who did not make the trip, hoping to get some of the guys back by midweek. Mentioned Jenkins and some of the others stepping up. On to next week. Mentioned that the Pokes are a very good team.

flyfishingfrog

In fairness, it was a very nice kick! No telling how it would have turned out without the timeout!
Do you guys really not know why he has called the two timeouts before kickoffs this season?

It’s because we have two players that have to change jerseys or will have duplicates and each player has failed to change in time once

not saying it’s a good reason, but it’s not a mystery by any means

Endless Purple

Miller? IMO the only reason more people don’t want to see him more is because he wasn’t a sexy recruit. He’s good.
I no nothing about recruiting hype. I just see that Barlow and Evans had a noticeably better yards per carry and overall effectiveness. Just looking at numbers for the game. Also for the season those two are better than Miller. I have nothing against him and if his production goes up, he should move up on the depth chart. The dividing time among four different backs does not develop a strong running plan and also does not provide star running backs a chance to shine here.

4th. down

No reason we can’t attract a big time QB commit with these RBs. Will be interesting to watch. Not sure Honig and Battle are the guys but we’ll see.

Projects that will take 3 yrs. to get any meaningful production out of them.......freshman, RS, soph. What to do during the interim.......Downing (no), Brown (no, cannot make the travel squad), another walk on maybe?

Some questions on our previous and current QB evaluations........Robinson, in Sonny's interviews and conversations with him, did he not pick up a lackadaisical work ethic or something is not right here with his parents or was Sonny just stargazing?

Delton?

Baldwin, we knew he had medical problems.

Rogers, self explanatory.

Duggan, he will be a soph. again next year and will be a star before he graduates.

Williams knew he couldn't cut it so time to move on.

Brown, could not make the travel squad and Downing has beat him out for no. 2........hmm.

Honig and Battle on deck if they sign.

If Max gets hurt, I don't see how we could win a game.

Pharm Frog

Do you guys really not know why he has called the two timeouts before kickoffs this season?

It’s because we have two players that have to change jerseys or will have duplicates and each player has failed to change in time once

Corrct. It’s not a good reason. In fact, it’s a terrible reason. But...for a head coach who places almost no value in timeouts, I suppose it’s at least reasonable. If you don’t have the discipline to bust your ass to the sideline after a score and have someone there to meet you to pull or replace a jersey then that speaks to piss poor preparation even if it’s a good strategy to have that personnel package assigned to special teams.

Sounds like the special teams coach needs to take the heat for that one...