• The KillerFrogs

Frogs vs. Tulsa MBB Game Thread

Purp

A little surprised we didn't see more of PJ, but the way Todd was playing it makes sense to stick with the hot hand. Also surprised Easley played so much, but was almost never heard from.

wilson912

Give me more Mike Miles and T Todd please. Less RJ isolation settling for 19 foot 2-pointers trying to run clock.

totally agree, much prefer ball in Miles’ hands. Excited about Todd, Skip you were
right about him! Skip, how do we match up vs Liberty? Also, I didn’t see the entire game - did Lampkin get much time? He needs minutes/experience!

Skip Jansen

A little surprised we didn't see more of PJ, but the way Todd was playing it makes sense to stick with the hot hand. Also surprised Easley played so much, but was almost never heard from.

That's the kind of player Easley is. He's not overly dynamic but is really solid. He doesn't take bad shots or turn the ball over.

Skip Jansen

totally agree, much prefer ball in Miles’ hands. Excited about Todd, Skip you were
right about him! Skip, how do we match up vs Liberty? Also, I didn’t see the entire game - did Lampkin get much time? He needs minutes/experience!

The Frogs depth should help playing back to back games. Liberty is good. They really spread you out. The Frogs need to play with a lot discipline on defense.

Portland Frog

The Frogs depth should help playing back to back games. Liberty is good. They really spread you out. The Frogs need to play with a lot discipline on defense.

I don't recall how many fouls Samuel had yesterday, but he didn't have any early or in the first half IIRC. That was huge of course to enable him to dominate in the front court. If he picks up a couple cheap early fouls the frogs big advantage on both ends of the floor evaporates.

Skip Jansen

I don't recall how many fouls Samuel had yesterday, but he didn't have any early or in the first half IIRC. That was huge of course to enable him to dominate in the front court. If he picks up a couple cheap early fouls the frogs big advantage on both ends of the floor evaporates.

Agreed. That's why it's important to get Ledee back from Covid protocol. He was the most improved player in Summer/Early Fall practice by far.

Skip Jansen

Purp-

PJ might end up being a 'casualty' of the depth the Frogs have. I could see him looking elsewhere.

Unfortunately, that's the nature of college hoops these days.

Moose Stuff

Purp-

PJ might end up being a 'casualty' of the depth the Frogs have. I could see him looking elsewhere.

Loved the hustle we saw from PJ at times last year but he hasn't improved at all and just doesn't look like someone who can help us much right now. Ditto for Smith.

Agree on FF. He's the one freshman from last year that looks to have made a jump this year.
He looks much less tentative on offense. Defensively, took two really tough charges last night although on the first he was actually blocking as Skip points out bc his heels were on the arc. In both cases he stood in there for what was clearly going to be a collision

Agreed. That's why it's important to get Ledee back from Covid protocol. He was the most improved player in Summer/Early Fall practice by far.
I thought Hamdy showed a big improvement in year two, especially footwork. My ignorance of the staff is showing but do we have the same big man coach today as when Hamdy was here?

Purp

Purp-

Loved the hustle we saw from PJ at times last year but he hasn't improved at all and just doesn't look like someone who can help us much right now. Ditto for Smith.
This is why I asked about PJ specifically. Miles and Todd look very good, Bello looks much improved and RJ isn't going anywhere. Since PJ hasn't shown the same improvement as we've seen from Bello he's looking like the odd man out. He's got all the athleticism and hustle you can ask for, but he hasn't figured out how to harness and channel it.

It does appear CJD is giving him chances, though. If he doesn't take advantage soon, though, he may not get much PT unless the corona/injury bug bites.